Leviathan X Reader VI

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

Darkness sweeped through the hallways of the House of Lamentation as the night commenced. The tenants were tucked cozily into their beds, gathering the sleep they so deserve. Everyone apart from a single entity.

Streaks of light seeped between the gaps of a wooden door. Similar to a moth attracted to the flame, you trudged towards the light and leaned against the door. Slowly, you slumped forward and dropped on the floor. The sound resonating from your actions reached the ears of a certain demon, alerting them of your presence.

Purple strands emerged behind the door, as the Avatar of Envy cautiously opened the door and peeked through the slit. Looking down, he instantly caught sight of your body collapsed on the ground.

"MC!" The demon yelped and lifted your torso upright, shaking you in the process. "No no no. Wake up, MC!"

Not a second later, you gaped at him and called out. "Levi?"

Leviathan released a huge sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness. I thought you were dead."

"Hi Levi..." You chirped and wrapped your arms around his body, surprising the unsuspecting demon. "Why are you still awake? You know that staying up all night is not good for your health."

"What the--" Leviathan murmured then caught a whiff of an atrocious scent emanating from you. Realizing the situation, he pushed you back and interrogated. "How much did you drink? Wait a minute...why were you drinking in the first place?"

A mischievous grin formed on your face in response then placed your forefinger in front of your lips. "Shh...I'll tell you as long as you keep it a secret from Lucifer."

Leviathan narrowed his eyelids, but nodded, nonetheless. Satisfied, you scooched closer to the demon then spoke in a soft voice, as if you were gossiping among yourselves. "I met Asmo and Solomon's friends and they were really fun people. We were singing and dancing. There were colorful drinks and many snacks. I didn't like the green one, too bitter and it hurt my throat. It was so much fun but then Solomon told us we were going home."

"Naturally." Leviathan cut in. "Asmo can't even handle alcohol and so do you. And now that I look at you, you're so red."

"Really?" You slurred and cupped your warm cheeks. "It is hot. I feel hot. My throat hurts too."

"You must be thirsty." The demon deduced then helped you stand up. "Come on, let's go get water."

Arriving at the kitchen, Leviathan directed you towards the island and sat you on a stool. Swiftly, he retrieved a glass of lukewarm water and handed it to you. It was more than enough to soothe your burning throat and increase your sobriety. Still quite drunk, nevertheless.

After downing the fluids, you faced the creature before you, forgetting it was Leviathan. "Hey you, did you know that my favorite color is orange?"

"That came out of nowhere." He remarked, wondering if you were about to blabber nonsense again. "No, I did not know that."

"Let me tell you why it's an amazing color." You boasted and beckoned him to come closer. "It's such a fiery yet bright shade. It's a perfect combination of passion red and sunny yellow. The perfect example would be the orange we see when the sun rises and a new day begins. I don't wake up early much but I still adore the scenery. However, the actual reason I love orange so much is because its the eye color of my favorite person."

"Really?" Leviathan queried, completely unaware of the person in question. "Who is this favorite person you speak of?"

You giggled. "That's a secret. I haven't even told them that they're my favorite person. But since you're curious, I'll give you a hint. They're passionate and obsessed with what they like despite how others might see them. Funny enough, it makes up for their lack of self-esteem even though they're so wonderful. Lastly, like I said earlier, they have the most beautiful orange eyes. Wait a minute..."

Leaning closer to Leviathan until there were mere inches of space between you, you peered underneath your lashes. "Now that I look at you, you have the same eyes as them. What a coincidence."

"Is that so?" The demon mumbled and racked his brain for any person that matched your clues. An unconfident, obsessed weirdo with orange eyeballs...the person was an exact carbon copy of himself. The chance of Leviathan being your favorite person crossed his mind but he immediately dismissed the thought. How could you possibly like the Avatar of Envy?

"Can you tell me more about them, please?" Leviathan pressed on, dying to know their identity.

"Huh? Who?" You asked then rubbed your eyelids, yawning. "I'm sleepy..."

The demon suppressed his urge to question you further and momentarily gave up. "Alright, let's get you to bed."

Seeing that you were not moving an inch, Leviathan cocked an eyebrow. Suddenly, you spread out your arms and legs with a huge pout. "I'm tired. Carry me."

Faced with your childish self, Leviathan paused with no idea what to say or do. Finally, he obliged and lifted you into his arms. All the while, he thought bitterly to himself. Whoever that person is, they're very lucky to have someone so cute.