Barbatos X Reader VI

Disclaimer: I don't know how to cook. I based the recipe that I found in the internet. The only thing I can do is fry eggs and cook rice.

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: Shall we play a game? Let's see if you can guess what you and Barbatos are cooking. Comment as soon as you get it. The winner gets virtual hugs and kisses from me.~)

"Before we officially start, let's prepare ourselves physically and mentally." Said the meticulous creature in his apron as he stood sternly before you who also adorned the same garment. "I appreciate that you tied your hair in a ponytail prior to this. Then, we can proceed to washing our hands."

"Yes, sir!" You chanted and followed him to the sink.

Similar to your teacher, you cleaned your hands diligently, paying attention to every nook and cranny between your fingers. Thereafter, he ordered you to assist him in obtaining the ingredients and equipment necessary for the recipe. Barbatos emphasized keeping the station organized to avoid any mishaps during cooking.

Not long after, the actual activity began. The demon gathered ingredients needed to be chopped or minced near the chopping board. "For preparation, we need to mince a white onion, garlic cloves, basil, and thyme."

As such, Barbatos grabbed a white onion and cut it in half quickly, only mincing one half. Then, he handed you the other half. "Here you go, try for yourself."

Compared to your instructor, your movements were sluggish and slow. Worse, your eyes were moist and your nose was itchy. Barbatos stifled a chuckle, seeing your condition. "I apologize. Demons aren't usually affected when chopping onions. I, only now, realized that the same cannot be said for humans."

You mentally winced while imagining the following steps, pondering if they were as tedious as merely chopping onions. Thankfully, they were not. While you were left to mince the remaining ingredients, Barbatos heated a stainless metal bowl and poured in olive oil. Once you were done with your work, you observed the demon as he placed in the minced onion and garlic first. A familiar savory scent filled the entire room.

"Most of the time, these two are the first to go into the pan. They enhance flavor and the onion becomes sweeter overtime." Barbatos explained, prompting you to nod in understanding. "MC, hand me the ground beef."

One kilogram of ground beef was put into the pan. The demon allowed you to break the meat into pieces and sautéed over high heat. On the other hand, Barbatos seasoned the meat with salt and pepper. Later on, he lowered the fire into medium heat and threw in the herbs. Furthermore, he added canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.

"Isn't that too much tomatoes?" You commented reluctantly.

"Well, the taste of tomato is crucial so we need to add tomato sauce. As for the diced tomatoes, its for the texture and feel of the dish. And the concentrated tomato paste is more for enhancing the flavor. It'll all come together afterwards."

In another stainless pan, Barbatos prepared the white sauce or mornay. You watched by his side as he mixed in salted butter, all purpose flour, milk, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Saliva was dripping from the corner of your lips after catching a whiff of the delicious aroma surrounding the area. Excitement swarmed your body, in anticipation for the finished product.

"Both sauces are almost finished. Here." Barbatos provided you a bag of grated parmesan cheese. "Add as much as you like into the meat sauce."

Given the go sign, you sprinkled a humungous amount of parmesan cheese to point that the demon had to stop you. Afterwards, you brought both pans onto the kitchen island.

"Next, we are gonna layer everything together." The demon informed, taking a rectangular-shaped container. "We'll start with a bit of the meat sauce to ensure that bottom does not dry. Then, you put four pieces of pasta. Meat sauce. White sauce. And a bit of parmesan cheese."

After repeating the steps a couple of times, he tasked you to finish the rest. By far, this was the easiest and most enjoyable. For the final layer, you covered the top with pasta and white sauce.

"Now that's over with. We can put it into the oven and let it bake."

While waiting, you chattered with your mentor. "Do you think they're going to like it? I admit, I'm not much of a cook."

"They will, without a doubt." He assured. "As long as you made it with love, it is bound to taste wonderful. And besides, they would be delighted to accept anything you created for them."

Surge of confidence ran through you after hearing those comforting words. Apparently, it was nearing the end of your school term and you wished to express your gratitude to the people who helped you get through the year. After churning your brain for so long, you ultimately decided to cook a warm meal for everyone. What better way to celebrate than to spend a wholesome time with family and friends. However, it was a challenge for you who did not cook regularly. That was where your teacher came in.

"Oh, its done." Barbatos announced and took out the dish from the oven.

"Hmmm." You hummed cheerfully. "That smells really good."

"Let's take it out."

☆☆☆

"Hello everyone!" You greeted. "First of all, I would like to say thank you. I had an enjoyable and interesting time studying in RAD and staying here in Devildom. I'm grateful to all of you: Lord Diavolo, Luci, Mammon, Levi, Beel, Asmo, Satan, Belphie, Simeon, Luke, Solomon, and Barbatos, who took good care of me during my stay."

Then, you presented your dish. "It's not much but I made this for all of you. Baked lasagna." (A/N: Did you get it? If you did, you go! (ɔˆ ³(ˆ⌣ˆc) PS. It's my favorite dish. What's yours?)

"Ooh, did you make this yourself, MC?" Beelzebub inquired, eyes on the prize

"Well, I did have some help from Barb." You admitted.

"She did most of the work. I only guided her." The demon butler clarified, winking at you inconspicuously.

"Don't be shy. Please try them out." You stated, cutting the lasagna and handing it out to everyone.

"This is great, MC. You outdid yourself." Diavolo complimented.

"I agree." Simeon seconded.

You shyly smiled after receiving their positive responses. Witnessing them eat your food with gusto was enough to fill your tummy. At that second, you wondered how you could preserve this precious moment. It was something you would never forget.