Mammon X Reader III

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

Once the school bell rang, signaling the end of the day, you collected your belongings and bade farewell to your classmates. Normally, you would take your time after classes and walk home together with your friends. Today was different because someone was picking you up from school.

You immediately saw a familiar mop of silver gray hair waiting by the campus gates. Meanwhile, your date spotted you as soon as you exited the school building and hollered, waving his hand. "MC! Over here!"

With a smile, you jogged towards him. "Sorry. Did you wait long, Mammon?"

"No. I just got here."

It had been a couple of months since Mammon attended a neighboring academy as an exchange student. Due to Mammon's greedy and cowardly nature which always puts him in a tight spot, this should have been impossible, especially without Lucifer's approval and supervision. Mammon's request was only accepted after pestering both Lucifer and Diavolo persistently.

After he arrived in the human realm, he would come fetch you for after school dates. Back in the Devildom, since he was your guide, you were mostly stuck on the hip. Just by thinking of him, Mammon was sure to stop by your room. This time, you only had few hours every day, excluding the weekends. On the bright side, none of the demon brothers were present to intrude in on you two.

"Where should we go?" You asked.

Before he replied, Mammon fidgeted his fingers as if he were deeply conflicted. "Um, I actually came here to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Starting today, I can't walk you home. I'm going to be busy from now on."

"Is there something happening in your school?"

"H-huh? Oh, yeah." He stammered then fled the scene before you could interrogate him. "Well, see you later! I'll call you."

☆☆☆

As you did your assignment, your mind would travel elsewhere, preventing you from concentrating on your work. You glanced at your phone repeatedly, expecting a call from a certain someone. Mammon was acting weird this afternoon and you were certain he was hiding something from you. What did he get himself into this time?

Sadly, after waiting till late at night, his promised call never came.

☆☆☆

The following several days, Mammon was unavailable and was too busy to come see you. After classes, you would send him text messages and would only receive a response after a couple of hours. Additionally, he rarely answered his phone and whenever he did, he would pass out in middle of the conversation. Worst of all, he always evaded your heated discussions on the matter. This went on for two weeks.

The situation made you uneasy. Hence, you decided to confront him personally by ambushing him in his school. The wait was not long because Mammon rushed out of the campus as soon as the school bell rang. Before he passed by you, you grabbed his wrist.

"MC?! What are you doing here?" Mammon exclaimed, obviously caught by surprise.

"Why else? I came to see my boyfriend."

Speaking about the b-word instantly broke down Mammon's defenses and pushed him into a blushing mess. Taking advantage of this, you took note of his pale complexion and the dark bags under his eyes. All of a sudden, Mammon's phone rang. Without missing a beat, Mammon took the call and you heard someone complaining on the other side.