Simeon X Reader III

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

For the umpteenth time, you checked your wristwatch, monitoring the long hand as it moved slowly. Nonetheless, there was still no sign of your companion. This was unusual seeing that your colleague was the punctual type. Growing anxious as time passed by, you snatched your phone from your satchel and dialed someone's number. The video call finally connected after several rings.

Your screen revealed an exhausted Simeon who had an expression similar to that of a lost child. A weary tone dripped from his mouth as he cried out. "MC! I'm glad you called. I have no idea where I am."

"Where are you? What happened? Didn't you follow the map I sent you?"

"I did." Simeon affirmed. "I rode the train, and I was supposed to hop off on the second station. However, I wasn't able to get off because I was pushed back into the train again after people suddenly entered. I didn't know what to do so I got off on the next station."

You nodded in understanding then pointed out. "Why did you get off on the third station? You could just ride the train back and get off on the first exit."

Simeon paused momentarily, probably pondering why he did not think of something so simple. Previously, the panic took over his mind and he was not able to think straight. After missing his stop, Simeon instinctively thought he must get off immediately on the next one. Hence, his present predicament of wandering in a foreign city.

You snapped him back to reality by stating soothingly. "Okay, Simeon. Listen to me. I want you to turn on the GPS on your phone."

"GPS?" Simeon questioned innocently. "You mean, the satellites in outer space that tracks your location? I don't have one."

"W-well, yes. Satellites are in space. GPS works with the use of the satellites. They both send signals to each other so the satellite can pinpoint your location." You informed first but stopped quickly because of Simeon's confused expression. This was not the time to educate the ancient creature on the latest technologies. "Back to the subject. I want you to go to the settings on your phone. Luke taught you that, remember?"

You could hear Simeon panic after your face seemingly disappeared from the screen, so you assured that the call was still connected. After ensuring that he found the settings app, you instructed him to turn on his GPS. "Alright, then, exit the settings app. Next, click on the maps app. It will tell you where you are."

"It says here that I'm in (insert city)."

"Okay. What are the landmarks near you? Read the name the shops close to you." You commanded patiently, careful not to agitate the elder being.

With much oblige, Simeon enumerated all the stores surrounding the area while you listened for anything familiar. In a minute, you recognized a popular boutique shop from the list. "You're close. Just one bus stop away."

Simeon's tense shoulders slightly relaxed after learning this. Thankfully, he could finally meet you. "Where's the bus stop? I will get off on the first stop."

You contemplated whether to allow him to commute again but instantly decided against it. There was a high possibility he might board the wrong bus and end up in a different province. Finding him would be more tedious. Without missing a beat, you ordered urgently. "No. Don't go anywhere. Stay right where you are. I'll go to you, okay? I'm hanging up."

"Huh? Why? We should keep talking."

"No. It will keep me distracted which is dangerous in a bustling crowd. Plus, it's a waste of money. Just go inside a nearby shop if you're bored." You stated coolly then hung up abruptly before he could protest.

☆☆☆

"Are you mad?" was Simeon's greeting after you beckoned for him to leave the clothing store he was staying at.

A while ago, it was Simeon who was breaking out a cold sweat from worry but now it was you who were perspiring from stress and fatigue. This was supposed to be a relaxing day for both you and Simeon after he was admitted into your academy as an exchange student. Unfortunately, with today's fiasco, the day was far from relaxing. "No. I'm not mad. Just out of breath."

"I'm sorry." Simeon's eyes were downhearted as he apologized, and you swore you could see his lifeless feathered wings. "I ruined our day. How can I make it up to you?"

Even though it was partly his fault, you did not have the heart to scold him. Thus, you waved your hand nonchalantly. "It's fine. It's not your fau--"

"How about I treat you? Earlier, I passed by a food truck that was selling crepes. You like sweets, right? I'll buy anything you like."

Wow. I can't believe this angel is buttering me up through materialistic means. If he thought dangling my favorite food would earn my favor that easily, then...he's so right. Nothing's better than eating sweets after a good exercise. After all, the start of the day was so eventful, you were craving for something sweet. Additionally, the angel was repenting so might as well let it go. It was better to have fun with Simeon who had a mind and behavior of your grandparents.