Simeon X Reader VI

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

"We'll end our session here for today." The chemistry teacher announced then faced your fellow exchange student. "Again, congratulations Simeon for topping the exam. Also, for those who failed, you have to retake the test on Friday."

You held your breath unconsciously as the lecturer scanned the room, particularly eyeing the failing pupils. Once they left, you released a sigh of relief. However, there was no time to relax since you were one of the individuals who was required to retake the exam.

In order to ensure your passing, you admitted to needing some help. Judging by your awful score, you were hopeless on your own even if you stayed up all night to learn the material. Steeling your nerves, you timidly approached the intellectual celestial being, Simeon.

"Hey Simeon. Congrats on getting the top score. You're really awesome." You complimented.

A kind smile erupted on his angelic face upon hearing your greetings. "Thank you, MC. How about you? How did you do?"

You anticipated the question but was still taken aback. Here it goes. "Not good. The thing is, I need your help. I have difficulty understanding the subject. I was wondering if it's alright that you tutor me. It's okay if you're busy, I don't mean to intrude."

Simeon cut in before you chattered on nervously. "Of course, I'll be happy to help you out. Are you fine with meeting in the Purgatory Hall?"

"Yes!" You nodded frantically, delighted by his generosity. It was nerve-wracking showing your flaws, much less asking for assistance from the person you admired. The thought that Simeon might have realized that you were dumb was a quick shot to your pride.

Speaking of pride, Lucifer was not going to be happy after he receives the news of your results. You comforted yourself by knowing that Mammon would be there with you if ever the eldest demon unleashes his wrath. His blazing glare sent shivers down your spine, indicating how meaningless it was to protect your pride.

☆☆☆

"Hi MC!" A beaming ball of sunshine waved once you entered the Purgatory Hall behind Simeon.

"Hello Luke. Excuse me for intruding." You beamed as the tiny angel dragged you over to the living area, leading you onto one of the couches. On the other hand, Simeon headed to his room first to change out of his clothes.

"It's okay, I'm glad you stopped by. What brings you here?" He inquired while sitting by your side, his short legs dangling in the air. Seeing the adorable munchkin set your worries at ease and felt extremely welcomed into the dorm.

"I failed my chemistry exams and I have to retake them on Friday. I asked Simeon if he could tutor me." You responded honestly. Truth to be told, the angel's innocent and soft demeanor was so calming that you did not feel the need to hide yourself. It had always been easy to open up to Luke.

Luke nodded in understanding and agreement. "You've certainly got the right person, MC. Even I ask him to teach me from time to time. Simeon is sure to help with any of your troubles."

"Indeed." Another angel joined in, donning a casual attire. "That's why don't hesitate to reach out to me whenever you need help."

"I'll keep that in mind." You replied sheepishly, pondering how challenging it actually was to ask for someone's help. Time was required before you could trust and rely on someone.

"Let's begin." Simeon queried, opening his module. "Where should we start? What topics are you having problems with?"

"Oh, that would be chemical bonding." You instantly answered.

"Okay. Do you not get ionic and covalent bonding?"

"I do. It's the drawing that I have problems with."

"Ah, so I'll teach you how to construct Lewis Dot Structure and VSEPR."

As planned, both of you spent the entire afternoon studying and reviewing the materials. There were instances wherein you could not follow the lesson and had to be taught various times. It was humiliating, yet Simeon was excessively patient and never lost his composure. Nevertheless, the ecstasy that swarmed your chest was unbelievable once you grasped the topic.

Seemingly, the atmosphere grew tense once you entered the territory of sigma and pi bonds. At first, you understood the subject but got everything wrong when Simeon provided you with practice problems. It was a tiresome process that you could feel the angel growing distressed, despite being able to conceal his expressions. Subsequently, it affected your mood as well and was close to bursting out in tears.

"Alright, break time MC!" Luke intervened while bringing a tray of biscuits and juice. "Eat something first."

"Thank you." You muttered quietly in shame and took a chocolate chip cookie.

Everyone was silent apart from the chewing and munching. Crushed under the pressure, you blurted out in the middle of eating. "Sorry, I'm so stupid. You're already helping me out so much yet I'm only annoying you. I'm really sorry."

"Hey hey, don't say that." Luke stated soothingly. "It's okay to do things at your own pace. No matter what, we will be there for you. You got this, both of us believe in you."

"Luke's right, MC." Simeon voiced out, rubbing your back. "At any pace you choose to go, we will always be there and help you out whenever you need us. Plus, if ever you are frustrated or stressed, be sure to take a break and rest. Working even harder will only lead to more suffering. There is nothing wrong with resting when you're exhausted."

"Yep. That's why I proposed that you take a break." Luke pointed out. "Just know that sometimes, distancing yourself from the bad stuff is the right thing. There is an option to recollect, reevaluate, and reset."

"Feeling better?" Simeon questioned, now patting your head.

"Hm-mm." You hummed in affirmation.

"Go on, then. Eat some more cookies." Luke insisted while handing you another cookie, making you giggle.

Previously, an obvious weight could be felt on your shoulders. After speaking with the two, the quantity had gotten lighter and you could a take a fresh breath of air.