Belphegor X Reader VI

⚠ Trigger warning: Depictions of violence & trauma

If you're not comfortable with these themes, I highly encourage that you skip today's oneshot.

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

What is death? What happens when we die? These questions come inevitably to every human being. A peculiar inquiry that cannot and probably will never be answered.

Where do we go once we passed on and our deceased bodies have rotten to the point of unrecognition? Do our souls cross realms, hoping to enter the gateways of heaven while avoiding the burning flames of hell? Perhaps, there is no such thing and our souls are merely subjected into another lifetime, completing the cycle of rebirth and reincarnation. On the other hand, is there even a soul? Or is it all a conscious simulation of the brain, determining if we get to live or die?

Death. It truly is a fascinating phenomenon. A common occurrence that every living and breathing entity will go through and yet still remains a mystery. One thing was for sure, you fear death and never want to experience it ever again.

Tears prickled the corner of your eyes as you wheezed and trashed about violently. You squeezed his wrists weakly, begging him to loosen his grip. Unfortunately, your miserable condition only fueled the demon's sadism, adding more strength to his hands. Saliva dribbled down your cheek while you gasped out for air desperately. Every inch of your body was in excruciating pain. Just a bit more and your neck would be snapped in half. Darkness consumed your vision as your eyes rolled towards the back of your head.

All the while this terror was commencing, an individual, with similar features from the victim, stood several meters away from the horrific scene. It was you from a different reality. Upon sighting your white and lifeless body before it vanished into thin air, you were willinglessly frozen on the spot.

The House of Lamentation was in a state of turmoil as your supposed corpse was standing, breathing without any signs of assault on your skin. Fortunately, Lord Diavolo intervened before your assailant could attack you once again. One fatal experience was already enough.

☆☆☆

With a sudden jolt, you sat upright, cold sweat clinging onto your skin. Instinctively, your hands reached towards your neck, ensuring that your head was still attached to your body. Your lungs heaved rapidly, capturing every bit of air it could. Thereafter, you clutched your chest to calm yourself and prevent yourself from hyperventilating. It was a slow process. It was effective until you instantaneously broke down in tears.

It was three months after the incident yet you remembered it vividly as if it were only yesterday. The weeks prior were torture as you were plagued by nightmares and panic attacks. Evenings were the worst since it reminded you of that event. What you would give to go home, in the comfort of your family's arms. The merciful Prince of Devildom considered your situation and planned to end your term early. As he should, for not keeping his word and putting your life in jeopardy. However, the idea was scrapped after constant protests from a certain group of demons.

The demon brothers had finally met their reincarnated sister and could not bear to part. They pleaded for you to stay, just until the end of the year. It was an arduous decision. What you would give to escape hell and return to your normal life. On the other hand, the innate familial connection you felt with these creatures was powerful. In the end, a compromise was made. You would stay until the end of the year, all the while never having to see the Avatar of Sloth.

A grim expression was apparent on Belphegor's facial features when you stated your condition. It pained him terribly to finally see his sister but was prevented from touching you, much less get close to you. Nonetheless, you paid no attention to him, already trembling in fear just being in his presence. One time, the demon attempted to speak with you, begging for you forgiveness but was met with your blood-curdling scream. "NO! NO! DON'T HURT ME! SAVE ME! HELP ME!"

Upon witnessing one of your episodes first hand, everyone immediately deduced to lock up the criminal in his cage in the attic. Everyone apart from Beelzebub. The Avatar of Gluttony refused adamantly to let his twin be imprisoned. By "refusing adamantly", it precisely meant rampaging in his demon form and wrecking the entire room. The broken family he loved so dearly was together at last, he would not let it be torn apart again.

Lucifer was more than enough to stop Beelzebub. However, with the combined strength of Lucifer, Mammon, Leviathan, Satan, and Asmodeus, Beelzebub would be obliterated. Horrified by the scenes unfolding before him, Belphegor reasoned with his twin and offered a solution. Rapidly, he positioned himself before the rest of the demon brothers and faced you. Without any warning, he marched towards you, alarming everybody. Mammon was the first to react and pushed you behind him protectively. "I don't know what you're up to but I won't let you harm MC."

Belphegor stared back weakly towards his sibling for a moment before meeting your gaze. In the most gentle voice he could muster, he said. "I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. I feel nothing but immense regret and remorse for hurting you. In hopes to ease your mind, even a little, I would like to make a pact with you."

The horde was confused by his last statement, knowing forming a pact with your assaulter was the last thing on your mind. Strangely, you were compelled to listen attentively. Belphegor's speech did not stop there. "You can do whatever you want to me. Say the word and I shall obey. If you so desire for me to disappear, I will follow. Even going as far as wishing for my death, I will accept my fate."

Both your brain and heart were at odds. Darkness swirled your head, hoping a worser fate for your abuser after what he had done. Meanwhile, your heart pitied the people he would leave behind if ever he did vanish. The demon lost their beloved little sister and was about to lose their youngest as well. What was the right choice? Was there an outcome where everyone can be happy?

☆☆☆☆☆

Yosh! Sorry that ended so abruptly but I'd rather leave the decision to you. What would you have done?

This part is only contains my rambling, so you can skip. Sorry that I'm suddenly releasing angst chapters out of the blue. I know the theme is taking care of you, but Belphegor took care of you in another way. If you notice, I mostly write fluff and a bit of lemon 😏. I wanted to try my hand on other genres and test my abilities as an author. It's hard, believe me, to write emotions or experiences you've never gone through. All you can do is imagine it and gather some info or examples from media. I guess writing these type of stories helps me vent and release the negativity in my life. I don't write in journals or diaries, so this serves as an alternative. Just saying, exams are pure torture and I want to kill the person who thought it was a good idea to enforce students to this intensive and stressful activity. I hate it so much. It does not even test what you learned, it only tests what you can memorize.

Argh! Sorry about that. I needed an outlet. Haha~ Anyway, how 'bout you? How are you?