Satan X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

With a dreamy sigh, you slammed the book shut, still admiring the male lead from the novel. Currently, a human author was on the rise with her phenomenal fantasy series. The story revolves around a mage born with exceptional talent and intellect. The writer may have depicted him as arrogant and cold; however, the female readers seemed to think otherwise. Similarly, you were charmed by the protagonist's mysterious aura and charisma. The author had to describe him as good-looking and athletic, making him an all-around package.

Done with your reading, you could not contain yourself and wished for someone to share your sentiments. As an avid fan of books as well, you decided to approach Satan. Luckily, Satan was simply residing in his room, arranging his bookshelves.

"Hello MC. What can I help you with?" Satan greeted as soon you entered his quarters.

"Are you busy?" You inquired.

"Yeah, I was just cleaning up." He replied, gesturing towards the discarded books consuming his entire room space.

You rolled your sleeves and suggested. "I'll give you a hand."

Satan accepted your offer and assigned you with the task of picking up the books on the floor and piling them up in the corner. In the meantime, Satan emptied the shelves and filled it with the compiled books from that corner. While the both of you were working, Satan questioned. "So why did you come here? Did you need something from me?"

Almost forgetting the purpose of your visit, you clarified. "That's right. I wanted to tell you about this new book I was reading."

"Is that so?"

"It's really interesting and I highly recommend it. It's about a prodigy mage who traveled around the world seeking someone or something to free him from his boredom. Due to his overwhelming capabilities, nothing could stand in his way and people naturally avoided him. This caused him to be cold and socially-isolated."

"Well, if you're good at everything, there would be no fun in learning." Satan commented.

You agreed with his opinion then added. "He may have been indifferent towards others but deep down, he was a kind person. If people knew about his true character, he would be popular."

Satan raised his brow. "Popular?"

"You see, not only is he smart and gifted, he's also drop dead gorgeous with a lean body. On top of that, he's kind and protects those he cares about. Isn't he a husband material? Ladies would swoon if they come across him and asked for their hand in marriage."

"What about you? What do you think of him?"

"Well, if he proposed to me, I'd say yes in a heartbeat. Who would let go of such a man?" You chattered, your hands holding your warm cheeks. "Just thinking about him makes me want to squeal."

You continued singing praises towards the fictional character until you felt something burning at the back of your head. Curious, you took a peek behind you and spotted Satan glaring at you with a deep frown etched on his face. Satan dropped what he was doing and stomped towards you. You yelped in surprise when he you scooped up and carried you bridal style.

"What are you doing Satan?" You demanded.

"We're going to bed."

"What about cleaning?"

"Later. First, I need to teach you the difference between what's real and not."

Sure enough, he placed you onto his mattress and hovered above you. Your pulse quickened at the sight of fiery red flames in his eyes. Someone definitely turned on his switch. You gazed at the demon before you, overwhelmed by his desire to take you. Amused by his reaction, you wrapped your arms around him and spent the afternoon like wild animals.

You opened your eyes late evening with Satan lying beside you, still asleep. Your fingers reached out to his face and gently stroked his cheek. Indeed, there was a difference between fiction and reality. Unlike reality, fiction cannot make you all warm and tingly inside like how this man does. You may have favored the lead character of the novel, but he will be replaced by a new crush eventually. Satan, on the other hand, will always stay in your heart.