Mammon X Reader II

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

Inspired by:

☆☆☆☆☆

It was already way past midnight and your eyes were dry and irritated. Staring at the laptop screen for several hours was the obvious culprit, but you could not afford to stop now. Nonetheless, no matter how much you complain, it was still your fault for not working on the project when you had the time. A month was given to work on a paper about the history of Devildom. Unfortunately, you wasted the entire month and only remembered the assignment after the teacher announced the deadline once again. Thus, as consequence for pushing back the project, you had to sacrifice your sleep.

It was 2 AM in the morning. Usually, you would already be asleep by this time. Therefore, your sleeping habits were catching up to you, prompting your body to get some rest. It was certainly tempting; however, you were not enthusiastic on the idea of facing Lucifer's wrath and disappointment if you failed a class. Though, that was not enough to prevent your heavy eyelids from closing. Letting your eyes take a break was risky. Still, you allowed it. Your head began tipping forward and landed on the table.

Thankfully, someone barged into your bedroom, pulling you away from dreamland. You jumped up and checked to see who had rudely awakened you. Mammon, a frequent visitor, stood behind you, holding two cups of instant noodles filled with boiling water.

Before you could inquire his reason for visiting, he declared. "Hey, look, MC! I bought these instant noodles from the convenience store. It's a new flavor. It's really interesting. Vanilla pork fat seafood ramen with extra devil's chili peppers."

The name was undoubtedly far from interesting and more on borderline gross. Nevertheless, you did not have the heart to rain on his parade and accepted the instant noodles for you. Additionally, chewing something might keep you awake. You speculated the numerous ingredients floating and pondered if they were all edible. Well, if ever you were diagnosed with food poisoning, you would have an excuse to be absent; hence, a deadline extension for the assignment.

Mammon was already slurping on the noodles, motivating you to brave the storm. After mentally praying to God, you took a bite. It was no surprise that an abundance of flavor mercilessly attacked your taste buds. For an instant noodles with a name of vanilla pork fat seafood ramen with extra devil's chili peppers, there were no recognizable ingredients. Or perhaps, there were too many flavors that you could not pinpoint any. Unfortunately, analyzing the taste was not the most difficult part.

It was a mistake prolonging the condiments in your mouth instead of swallowing it because your stomach immediately deduced that it will not ingest that garbage. Bile began rising up in your throat. Up on your feet, you pushed your way out of your bedroom and raced towards the bathroom. In a minute, your head was in the toilet bowl, vomiting tonight's dinner. Mammon was right on your tail, having the shock of his life. "What's wrong?! Are you okay?" You could not assure the helpless demon since you were in a dilemma yourself.

Minutes passed by and the scene finally calmed down. You flushed the toilet and collapsed on the floor. There was a burning sensation in your tongue and the back of your throat. Mammon was in front of you in a flash, tears threatening to burst out any moment. He choked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Could you get me some water?" You uttered with a hoarse voice.

Without any objection, Mammon vanished and returned with a glass of water within a second. After downing the water, you released a huge sigh. That was a horrible experience. At least, you avoided contracting food poisoning and being sent to a hospital.

"Are you okay?" Mammon repeated, popping your thought bubble. "Do you need anything else?"

You smiled gently and grasped his hand. Out of the blue, Mammon's arms were around you, squeezing the life out of you. You rubbed his back as he sobbed continuously. "You scared me to death. You were so pale and were in a lot of pain. I didn't know what to do. What if you had an incurable disease?"

You laughed at his theories, nevertheless, comforted the poor baby. "It's okay. I'm fine now. I'm not ill. My stomach couldn't handle the noodles, so I threw up."

"Really? You're not sick anymore?"

"I'm not sick. I'm okay." You reassured like a mother would to her child.

Mammon leaned back and studied your face to see if you were indeed okay. It was comforting when his warm hands massaged your cheeks. Once he was satisfied with your condition, a sudden scolding ensued. Suddenly, he was the mother and you were the child. "You're okay. But, look at your bloodshot eyes and dark eyebags. You need sleep. What are you doing staying up late? Come on, let's get you to bed."

"I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"I have a deadline tomorrow. I didn't finish my assignment."

That was not good excuse for Mammon, prompting him to say. "It's fine. Just sleep. I will talk to Lucifer and tell him you are not feeling well. Better yet, why don't you just skip classes and ditch the assignment?"

"I can't. I don't want a failing grade."

"Fine. I'll talk to Lucifer."

"Aw, thanks. I'd give you a kiss right now if I could. But my lips probably taste like vomit."

Remembering the previous predicament, Mammon led you towards the sink and ordered you to brush your teeth thoroughly and cleanse it with mouthwash. It was a repeated process until Mammon was content. He did want a kiss but not from a sick lady.

On your way back to your room, Mammon suggested. "Just to be sure, I should stay with you and nurse you back to health. We don't want your condition to worsen."

"I'm fine. I'm not even sick. Besides, I doubt Lucifer would let us skip classes without a justified reason."

"Just you watch."

As expected, Lucifer did not allow Mammon's absence and forced him to attend school. You, on the other hand, were excused and were advised to stay in bed. Furthermore, you were bestowed with an extended deadline on the project. Huge thanks to Mammon and his insane instant noodles.