Barbatos X Reader II

Hey guys! I became recently obsessed with harlequin love stories and trashy romance manga. This might be reflected in the story so sorry about that. There might be some corny tropes as well.

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

The unfolding of scenes were akin to that of high school love story in a shoujo manga wherein the heroine accidentally bumps into the male lead and an intense staring contest ensues. Sparks fly everywhere to symbolize the connection they have and rising temperature due to their skins touching. This was the moment the heroine starts seeing the male lead in a different light and gets interested in him. This was how love at first sight is portrayed and is generally cliché Nevertheless, attraction begins at one point and builds up into something more unbearable. As a human, you were not immune to these feelings. This was what really happened between you and Barbatos, how everything changed.

In the hallways of the Royal Academy of Diavolo, you, Barbatos and Luke were casually talking about school activities and baking sessions. It was a fun and engaging conversation that you failed to notice how you were blocking the corridors. Students were bound to be annoyed by this but one, in particular, was not having it. The demon intentionally shoved you to the side while growling. "Get out of the way!"

The force caused you to lose your footing and tumble down eventually. Luckily, Barbatos' reflexes were quick and he was able to catch you effortlessly. You wrinkled your nose from the pain of hitting your face on his sturdy chest and reached out to massage it. However, your arms were trapped by Barbatos' tight embrace. He inquired worriedly. "Are you okay, MC?"

You raised your head to thank Barbatos but was shocked to discover the proximity of your faces. His words flew right through you head and was completely distracted by his flawless porcelain skin which was enough to make even the Avatar of Lust jealous. Without realizing, you observed his phenomenal facial features and studied his high cheekbones and straight nose bridge. Lastly, you were mesmerized by his green eyes which were shrouded in mystery. Unknowingly, you voiced out. "You have really beautiful eyes."

"Excuse me?"

Barbatos' question broke your trance and the gears in your brain resumed turning again. Covering your flushed cheeks, you stepped back away from him. You waved your hand and stated rather cheerfully. "I'm fine! Thank you for catching me."

This time, Luke intervened, reminding you of his presence. "Are you sure, MC? Maybe you should go to the nurse's clinic." Then, he switched to cursing out the culprit. "Demons are really evil creatures. Haven't they heard of manners and etiquette?"

"Don't blame them. It was my fault for not paying attention to my surroundings." You reasoned with him and Barbatos agreed. "It's true that we were obstructing the path. However, that does not give him the right to hurt someone. Hurting a lady is inexcusable. That student clearly was not educated on basic etiquette. Perhaps, I should personally teach him a lesson."

Fearing the possibility of a homicidal attempt, you gripped Barbatos' arm and pleaded. "Please don't. I'm really okay. Let's just go talk somewhere else, yeah?"

Thankfully, Barbatos was convinced and laid off the slaughtering. "Very well. Let's continue our talk in the Devil Lord's Castle. Classes are starting soon so let's resume the conversation afterwards. There will be no one to disturb us in the castle."

You eagerly nodded and both of you faced Luke, anticipating his answer. "Since you asked me nicely, I guess I have no choice but to go." His response was just as cheeky as him.

☆☆☆

At the Devil Lord's castle, Barbatos led you two to the kitchen for a treat. The demon had been formulating a new recipe these past few days and wished to share them with you two. Luke immediately volunteered to help and hopefully, learn from the best. The master and apprentice was an effective duo, leaving no space for you to fit in. Since you were left with no tasks, you designated yourself to washing duties. It was your way of expressing your gratitude and could lengthen your time with Barbatos.

While the two worked their magic, you were careful not to intrude and instead, was stuck in an emotional turmoil. An inner dialogue was surging within you, representing your conflicting emotions.

What got over me earlier? I was definitely hypnotized by Barbatos' looks. I admit that he has a pretty face but it's hard for him to compete when I'm used to seeing the demon brothers. Is his face my type? Do I prefer the apathetic ones? But, he never stood out to me since the beginning. Originally, I was put off by him and was anxious around him. But now, we're really good friends and he's fun to talk to. So when did I start having a crush on him? Today? During that incident? Is it even a crush? Or am I just fascinated because he's cool and mysterious? I'm not actually attracted to him, am I?

Unconsciously, you shook your head fervently, denying your blooming feelings. "No, that can't be." He's way too secretive and suspicious. As soon as you cross him, you're good as dead.

"What are you thinking about so seriously?" Luke questioned jokingly, placing a tray of freshly-baked oatmeal cookies before you. He took one and fed it to you. "Here, have a taste and relax."

True enough, the mellow taste relaxed you and was not too overwhelming to the point you would easily tire of it. You announced. "This is really good!"

The corner of Barbatos's thin lips curled up. "I'm glad to hear that. They can be eaten while you drink tea."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. I heard from Lucifer that you were prone to drinking tea while staying up late so I tried creating a snack that easy on the stomach and would suit your tastes."

"You made these for me?"

"That's right."

Well, with him caring for me like that, it's hard to not fall in love with him. I guess I do like him, a little bit.