Lucifer X Reader V

Hey guys! I read your comments and I have to say, they are hilarious. Also, I chose the most interesting one for this chapter. Thus, Mammon's oneshot is still in the works so let me know what kind of animal you want MC to be.

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

"Let go, MC." Lucifer ordered, exasperation clear in his tone. "I'm occupied at the moment. I will be with you after I'm done."

"You said the same ages ago. Play with me." You whined as you stomped your feet in frustration with your arms circled around the demon's neck.

This discussion had been going on for an extended period of time, preventing Lucifer from performing his tasks. It was all thanks to you for barging into his room while he was doing his work and demanding he spend time with you. Usually, you were not like this. In fact, you were a timid person who often keeps her thoughts to herself.

The change in character probably had something to do with you turning into a wolf, literally. Not into a full-blown wolf, but you did grow an extra pair of ears and a tail. Additionally, you exhibited the behavior of the animal, prompting you to be more outgoing than you really were. The obvious culprit was Solomon who bribed you to be his lab rat.

After much persuasion, Lucifer finally dropped the document he was holding and faced you. "You win. What do you want to do?"

Hearing so, a huge smile found its way on your face and squeezed him tighter, rubbing your cheeks against his. The sudden close contact surely surprised Lucifer since you were always on guard around him. Consequently, you noticed a faint blush on the demon's ears but decided not to mention it. The only thing occupying your mind was being able to play with Lucifer. As soon as he gave the go sign, you dragged him out of his quarters and into the gardens behind the House of Lamentation.

☆☆☆

"Tag! You're it!" You yelled cheerfully and dashed away, leaving an unamused and exhausted Lucifer. Deep inside, he was contemplating why he was stuck entertaining and babysitting a high school student.

However, after witnessing the bright and lovely aura you were exuding, Lucifer could not help but abide to your wishes. Sooner or later, he was chasing you. Your giggles and laughter that resounded the area were music to his ears. It was only at this moment that he was able to see a childlike side to you.

"What are you guys doing?!" A familiar voice erupted near the dormitory. Both of you glanced towards Asmodeus and Mammon with the latter's eyeballs bulging out from their sockets.

"Who are you?! What have you done to Lucifer?!" Mammon demanded towards his sibling, probably believing that he was hallucinating. If you were your normal self, you would have had a similar reaction.

Lucifer was frozen after being caught red-handed. Before the Avatar of Pride could explain himself, you rushed towards them with twinkling orbs. "Play with us!"

Not long after, you convinced all demon brothers to join as they checked to see what the commotion was all about. Even the sluggish Belphegor and reserved Leviathan were not immune to your persistence. Currently, the crew moved inside the dormitory and began playing hide-and-seek with the Avatar of Sloth as it.

"I'll start counting now." The demon declared slowly before leaning on the wall. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5..."

With light steps, you sprinted up the stairs and entered the room you were residing in hours ago. Feeling quite mischievous, you flung Lucifer's closet open and hid inside. Not a second later, you heard the bedroom door creak open and quiet shuffling nearby.

You almost let out a squeak when someone opened the wardrobe to reveal the said owner of the room. Before you could complain, Lucifer squeezed next to you, squishing you in the process due to his large figure.

"I was here first." You scoffed, crossing your arms.

The demon snickered. "Sorry. I saw you entering my room so I followed you."

"Then, you should have went somewhere else." You pointed out and attempted to push him away.

"Sorry." He apologized again but stayed, nevertheless. "I wanted to be with you."

You shot him a glare. That's not a good excuse. "It's your fault if Belphie catches us."

"Don't worry, I covered our tracks." Lucifer whispered while gently pinching your cheek. Suddenly, his voice dropped an octave. "MC."

You slapped his hand away before humming in response. "Hm?"

"Do you hate me?"

Blinking in surprise, you shook your head fervently. "No! What makes you think that?"

"Well..." Slowly, the demon uttered, placing his hand on your hair. Unconsciously, your eyes fluttered shut as he pat your head. "...whenever I approach you, you either run away or fidget on the spot. I was not sure if you were scared or downright hated me. Now that I think about it, this is the first time we are talking casually."

At the sound of his sullen tone, your eyes opened and stared at the demon's features. An irk could be felt in your heart upon sighting his somber expression in contrast to his typical stern and ice-cold self.

"Don't be sad." You stated then leaned your head on his chest, his hand remaining on your hair. "I don't hate you. In fact, I like you a whole lot. I'm just really shy around others, especially to somebody as cool and impressive as you are. It usually takes me time to warm up to someone so please be patient with me."

"I will do that."

Sensing his improved mood, you looked up at him then licked his jawline. The demon flinched and gaped at your face which was exhibiting a huge grin. After a second, Lucifer regained his composure and ruffled your hair. "You cheeky little...You're making fun of me, aren't you?"

"I would never." You beamed with your tail wagging involuntarily. "Anyway, what's happening out there? It's taking forever."

"Belphegor must have fallen asleep while counting and have forgotten about the game."

"Let's go check."

Lucifer nodded then came out of the closet before you. As you made your way towards the entryway, you jogged behind the demon to match his long strides. His predictions were answered once you two spotted the Avatar of Sloth curled up in the corner where you left him, sleeping away.

Both you and Lucifer faced each other before chuckling among yourselves.

"Let's not tell the others." You joked.