Chapter 15

"You will see in the world what you carry in your heart"

Creig Crippen

*****

Sam's POV

I've been buried in pack work for the last week trying to get my mind off Isabelle.

I mind link Eli "Come to my office I need to talk to you."

After a few minutes Eli shows up "What's up dude? You look like shit!"

"Oh shut up Eli before I kill you for disrespecting me" I growled.

"Come on dude! Isabelle is finally going to find you at the end of this week at the ball and you look like this. When was the last time you took a shower?" he taunted

I lunged at him grabbing him by the collar "Stop getting under my skin or I will rip you apart" I said.

"Relax man I'm just kidding" he raised his hands in the air showing his submission.

"So tell me did you find out anything about the hybrid that the rogues and witches are looking for?" I asked him.

I've called the alphas in the surrounding packs letting them know of the hybrid. Some of them already knew about it and they wanted to capture it and end it since it's a threat to our packs. If the hybrid really exists it's going to be strong like the first Hybrid and it may kill a lot of creatures.

"No Sam, no one has seen or heard anything about the Hybrid, but the people are afraid and worried."

"Let us double the patrols and guards for the night of the ball. I don't want any trouble from rogues or witches."

Nodding, Eli left my office as my mind drifted back to Isabelle. I have to keep her safe now. I'm not going to lose her after finding her.

I mind linked Lily telling her to make sure everything is ready for the ball at the end of the week. I chose Lily for the task because she knows what are Isabelle's favorite flowers and color. I have to make it up for her after how we left off things the last time we saw each other.

All the Alphas were worried about the Hybrid except for Alpha Dan of the Red moon pack. He didn't seem worried of the hybrid. All he seemed worried about was the rogues and witches and how to fight them. He kept on reminding me that they are the bigger threat than the Hybrid itself. I am willing to confront him at the ball and see why he is acting this way.

The night of the ball came sooner than expected. The full moon was beautiful and shinning a golden color in the sky which reminded me of Isabelle's golden wolf. I still don't know how she was blessed to have that wolf color and the golden eyes as it was rare for a wolf to have them.

Dressing up in a white dress shirt and a black suit, I was ready to meet my Isabelle. The ball room was already filled with wolves from different packs except for the one wolf I was waiting for.

As I was saying my hellos to different Alphas and guests and welcoming them to my pack, the beautiful scent of vanilla and strawberry struck me. Looking around for her I saw her coming in hand in hand with Alpha Dan.