Chapter 10

*A photo of Eli at the top*
_____________________________________________

Focus on hurt and regret and you will feel pain. Focus on the lesson and you will grow.

Karen Salmansohn

*****

Sams POV

“Rogues” I hate this word with all I have.

When I was younger, my dad left for business outside the pack lands. The Rogues found it as an opportunity to attack. I saw my own mother being ripped into pieces in front of me. From that moment on, I vowed to never let a rogue live if it crosses my borders.

My dad felt everything that happened with his mate. He went crazy after that moment. He turned into a cruel and heartless Alpha until he couldn’t take it anymore and killed himself.

That day I cursed the moon goddess and her ways with finding a mate for every wolf. So I decided to go against her and ask a witch for help.

I was selfish and arrogant for asking the witch to hide me from my mate. The witch warned me there was going to be a consequence for what I asked. A consequence coming from the moon goddess herself, one that I will surely regret in the future.

Being stubborn I agreed to whatever the witch said and now I’m starting to regret my decision.

“Eli, I’m leaving to go find the witch maybe she can help me with Isabelle. Mike will be going with me, so the pack is under your protection.” I said as I walked out of the pack house early in the morning.

I looked for two days straight for Raven and when I found her she told me she cannot reverse the spell.

She said “The moon goddess will find the right time to return your mate to you.”

"I'm sure there is a way Raven. Just cast a different spell. Do something" I pleaded with her.

"I'm sorry Sam but you knew there will be consequences and now I can't reverse the spell. The moon goddess will never allow it."

Angry I left Raven and headed back home. Frustration and rage was building inside of me all the way home.

As soon as I crossed the pack border I was welcomed by the most irritating news.

"Welcome back Alpha. We may have a problem" one of the pack warriors said.

"What is wrong Tom? Spit it out!" I said irritated

"Isabelle brought in two rogues yesterday. The female is in the pack hospital, and the male is in the cells. Eli put him there."

That’s when I saw red. I couldn’t control my anger anymore, my wolf wanted out.

I drove back to the pack house with Mike by my side. Anger was boiling in me and Mike seemed to notice.

"Alpha, she probably didn't mean anything. She is new and doesn't know the rules in this pack" he tried to reason with me.

"Mike, nobody is allowed to go against my word and Isabelle did that. She has to get punished. End of discussion" I spat.

As soon as I  parked outside the pack house many members came and said hello but I was waiting for a certain person.

Thats when I heard the beautiful voice I have been craving to hear for the past few days. But my anger took the best of me at the moment.

“Good morning Sam” she said so sweetly as if she didn't do anything wrong.