Chapter 2

*Isabelles outfit at the top*
_____________________________________________

I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn't something about you at all. It was just you.

Jamie McGuire

*****

After unpacking my things and getting settled in the room, I decided to go freshen up because of the long ride to the pack.

It was almost dinner time when the Delta Mike came to my room to tell me the Alpha was busy today and he couldn’t meet me. “Tomorrow after breakfast, make sure you go to the Alphas office with Lily so you can meet him. Do you understand me?” Mike said.

I nodded my head and went to Lily’s room.
We decided to go to the town to have dinner at a nice restaurant. Every pack has its own town with different shops and restaurants that pack members could go to. “Are all the men in this pack hot?” I asked Lily.

Wherever we go I find hot looking guys everywhere. “I hope I find my mate here.” I tell her.

“If you don’t find your mate here maybe you will find him at the ball this year.” She said
“Maybe I will find my mate too.” She added in a sad voice.

We were already 26 and without any mate. Normally a wolf finds his or her mate when they turn 18.

Every year a pack does a ball and invites the high ranking werewolves and the unmated warriors to it. Whoever wants to come and find his or her mate can come, and if they don’t want they don’t have to go. Lily and I missed a few because we weren’t in the country.

“Where is the ball this year do you know?” I asked Lily.

“It’s in the Golden moon pack, Alpha Sam is hosting it.” She said.

Strolling through the streets, we decided to stop at a bar and have a few drinks. After a couple of drinks, and a few men hitting on us, we called it a night and headed back to the pack house.

The next morning, Lily barged into the room holding a cup of coffee. “Wake up silly head, let’s go have breakfast quickly and then go meet the Alpha.”

Getting up to grab the cup of coffee from her hands she pulled back slapping my hand away "hey this is mine, if you want one get up and get it yourself!" She teased.

Groaning I got up to take a quick shower and get dressed to go have breakfast. “I won’t forget that you didn’t get me a cup of coffee Lily!” I shouted after entering the bathroom.

After the shower I dressed in jeans shorts with a basic white shirt and a black cardigan with black sneakers.

Going down the pack house we got to the kitchen and were greeted with the smell of coffee and pancakes. While eating a handsome man entered the kitchen and I almost chocked on the food in my mouth by how handsome he was. He was tall and had a well-built body with muscles ripping from everywhere. He had brown eyes with blonde hair. He was smiling when he saw us and his smile almost gave me a heart attack.

“Hi ladies, you must be the new girl visiting that everyone is talking about! My name is Eli and I am the beta of the pack.” Winking at me, he raised his hand for me to shake.

“Hi Eli, my name is Isabelle, it’s nice to meet you Beta.” I said smiling as I shook his hand.

I was so disappointed when I didn’t feel the sparks. Too bad he wasn’t my mate. I was starting to wonder if I will ever find him.

“Once you are done with breakfast the alpha is waiting for both of you in the office. Izzy it’s nice to meet you too beautiful.” He said winking at me.

My face automatically turned pink, and I didn’t know what to do or say. As the beta walked away Lily slapped me on the back of my head “You have a mate somewhere, stop drooling over the Beta.”

“Well If I don’t find my mate anytime soon I think I will go for the hot beta, he is worth it” I winked at Lily.

After breakfast, we headed to the alphas office. Knocking on the door we waited for him to let us in, but there was no answer. For some reason the palm of my hands started sweating and I rubbed them on my shorts. Lily then knocked a second time and we heard a sexy voice say come in.

Opening the door, Lily stepped in first and I came in after her. “Good morning Alpha” we both said at the same time.

“This is my friend that is visiting from the red moon pack.” Lily said.

The Alpha was frozen and his gaze was locked on me for a few minutes before he noticed Lily in the room.

I came forward and extended my hand to say hello, he hesitated at first before shaking my hand. When our hands collided his whole body tensed and a muscle in his jaw ticked. I was terrified he was going to snap at me any second.

His gaze then traveled all over my body from the top to the bottom as his eyes were turning dark. My body shivered with pleasure under his gaze, it was a weird feeling I’ve never felt before.

Pulling my hand from his, snapped him out of his thoughts and he looked at me with a frown on his face. “What is your name girl and what do you do at the red moon pack?” he asked in a hard tone.

“I am Isabelle, and I am one of the best warriors in the pack.” I replied. My wolf was calm around him, while I was freaking out.

He has a strong and powerful aura around him that can make anyone tremble in fear. He is even more handsome than the Beta, it was like he was carved by the Gods themselves. He has blonde hair that complimented his pale white complexion, with gray blue eyes that sucks you in. His muscles where showing under his shirt and all I wanted to do was to slide my fingers over them and feel them.

Suddenly I felt someone pinch my arm, turning around I noticed Lily by my side pinching me to wake me out of my zoned state. Blushing hard I looked at the Alpha and apologized for zoning out. A smirk was on his face as he looked at me and told me “It’s nice meeting you Isabelle”.

Just hearing my name from his mouth gave me Goosebumps, and made my wolf purr in delight. It was so confusing because I didn’t smell the mouthwatering scent that every mated couple talk about or feel any sparks between us which means he wasn’t my mate.

“I’ll be seeing you around Alpha” I said while bending down to pick up some candy from the office table that I couldn’t keep my gaze off. As I opened the wrapper of the candy and tasted it, I moaned in pleasure from the sweet minty taste that exploded on my taste buds. This was definitely my favorite candy in the world.

A growl came out of the Alphas mouth at my reaction and I froze in place. “Sorry Alpha, but this is one of the best candies I’ve tasted. You should tell me where you get them from.”

Looking at him I noticed his eyes were dark and some feeling like desire was turning around in them. He noticed me staring and his eyes got cold again as he said “they are from Italy, you can’t find them around here.”

“Then I can come have some more from here” I winked while leaving the office.

I scolded my wolf for making me act and feel this way and for thinking about another wolf in that way while having a mate waiting for me somewhere. But deep down I felt stronger next to the Alpha and I felt the urge to tease him knowing it wouldn’t result in me being punished or kicked out of the pack.

_____________________________________________

Hello guys, I promise the chapters will be longer and better from now on...
I will be updating once a week, sometimes more than once maybe depending on my time.

I hope you like the story so far... It gets more exciting later on as now its just an introduction to the characters.

If you like it don't forget to vote, comment, and share the story with your wattpad friends.

Love you all 🤎