Chapter 21

Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance, which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.

Michelle Obama

*****

“You…” I said as I pointed at Thomas “Your eyes!” was all I could say as the words got stuck in my throat.

Sam stood up and rushed to my side and whispered “It’s okay baby, I think you need some rest, today was overwhelming for you.”

I shook my head as Sam helped me out of the room. All the time I was staring at Thomas and he was grinning like the devil he was. No one said another word as I left the office and went upstairs with Sam.

“Sam his eyes changed, they turned black like the warlock I swear!”

“Okay Izzy just relax and take a nap. I will go check up on the elders and apologize for what happened. You have been in a lot lately so they will understand.” Sam said as he tucked me in bed.

“Do you want me to call Lily to come stay with you? Jasmine is not back yet.” He asked

Lily came in quickly and Sam left to go see the elders.

“Lily the elder Thomas is a demon I think. I saw his eyes change to black. Please tell me you believe me because everyone thinks I am going crazy.”

“I am sure Sam will look into it. Don’t worry Izzy we will find out soon enough. You should rest and I will be here next to you if you need anything.”

I woke up startled when I heard someone barge into the bedroom in a panic state. I looked up and saw Mia worried “Lily hurry your mate has been injured. There was a small attack at the pack border and he got hurt so he needs you by his side to heal faster”

Lily panicked and didn’t know what to do at that moment as tears welled up in her eyes.

“It’s okay Lily I will stay with Isabelle until Alpha Sam returns” Mia assured her.

“Go I will be fine with her” I told Lily.

She rushed out of the bedroom in fright leaving me with Mia alone in the bedroom. I stood up from the bed and went to go wash my face and change clothes. I took out a jeans and long sleeve shirt from the closet and went to the bathroom. As I was in the bathroom I heard the bedroom door close, I sighed in relief thinking Sam would probably be back by now.

After getting dressed, I stepped out of the bedroom and saw Mia alone. “Where is Sam?” I asked her “Didn’t he just come inside the bedroom?”

“Oh no that wasn’t Sam it was the maid, she said Lily sent you a glass of mint Lemonade to drink and help calm you down”

I took the glass of lemonade and sniffed it. “Why does it smell weird and look pinkish purplish?”

“She said it has some Lavender to help calm you down Izzy.”

I took a few sips of it, put it down on the table and then sat on the bedroom sofa in front of Mia. She tried making conversation with me but I kept shutting her off.