Chapter 5

*Sam's picture at the top*
_____________________________________________

Regret is such a short word... And yet it stretches on forever.

Ranata Suzuki

Sam's POV

"Hey baby" Mia said walking in my office. "The new girl visiting is so annoying! I wish you could tell her to just leave."

"Mia I told you a thousand times stop calling me baby. We are not a couple just friends with benefits nothing more. And next time don't walk into my office without knocking understood?" I replied pissed with how she's acting.

"You can leave if you have nothing important to say. I am busy with pack business."

She nodded her head and left.

"Mike tell the new girl visiting that I cannot meet her today. I will meet her tomorrow morning when I'm less busy." I mind linked him "And make sure to keep an eye on her from far. I don't want problems in the pack house. Mia is already acting jealous.

"Yes Alpha" Mike replied through the mind link.

The next day came by and I was already in my office working when Eli barged into the office. "Man this new girl Izzy is beautiful! Do you think I can have a chance with her?"

"Eli weren't you the one nagging you want a mate and you're waiting for your mate?"

"Yes but she's beautiful and sweet. She has everything I'm looking for in a girl. Any ways she's coming in a few minutes with Lily to introduce herself to you. Don't be mean." He said before leaving my office.

I heard them coming closer to my office door. My wolf was going crazy in my head. Thats when I smelled her outside my office and I knew she was the one. It confused me as I thought I will never know who my mate is.

•~Flashback~•

Many years ago, I decided to go see a witch, she was a family friend. I had asked her if she could help me not know who my mate is at all because I never wanted one. To find a way to hide me from her.

"Raven, it is so nice to see you again." I said hugging her. "I need a huge favor from you. Can you help me please?"

"What does the big bad Alpha want?" She teased me.

"I want you to hide me from my mate. I don't want her to ever find me and I don't even want to find her. Please can you cast a spell or something?" I asked

"You know son that what you are asking is against the moon goddess. She won't be happy with what you're asking."

I knew it was against the moon goddess but I wanted it so badly! I did not want a mate and all the problems that come with a mate.

So after making a deal with Raven, she casted a spell on me that hid my scent and every other feeling that comes with a mate like the sparks and the bond.

~End of Flashback~•

I knew that I would never have a mate in my life and I was okay with it. It was what I always wanted until this moment.