New Light Pt. 1 [Georgebur]

"I've been talking to this girl." The shorter brunette said one day, during a hangout with a friend of his.

"Oh?" Was all his friend said about that.

"She's pretty nice."

"That's good."

And that was that. When Wilbur got home, he flopped down onto his bed, arm covering his face. Every time George brought up the girl he was talking to, it made Wilbur's heart ache.

He sighed, reaching for his phone. He had one text message from George. Wilbur didn't pay much attention to what the message was, he was focused on what he was typing.

Let me take you out tomorrow. Wilbur texted, hitting send.

Are you plotting to kill me? George responded.

Seriously, I'll plan a whole day.

Wilbur avoided the jokes, he was dead serious and decided to shoot his shot. He watched as those dreaded three dots appeared and then disappeared over and over again.

"It's a simple request, George." Wilbur said quietly to himself.

It felt like hours had passed, but in reality it was probably only a few seconds, but when Wilbur read the message, his heart soared.

Alright. Where are you taking me?

The musician felt himself sigh in relief as he eagerly typed out an answer.

That's a surprise, Gogy.

George didn't answer after that, Wilbur assumed he had fallen asleep as it was pretty late.

He sent one last text message.

Goodnight.

Wilbur stared at the conversation, blinking himself out of his trance only when his phone shut off on its own.

Closing his eyes, he started planning on what he was going to do. They can go to a bakery. Wilbur will buy whatever treat George wants, and he'll get the same. Then they can walk down to the river and sit on the bridge.

Wilbur nodded, so far it seemed like a good plan. He hummed in satisfaction, allowing himself to drift off to sleep.

As he fell asleep, his phone buzzed.

Night. George responded.