Stood Up [Georgebur]

Shazzam requested for this one 👌👌

I live for wholesome Georgebur
————

Wilbur sat back in his seat, crossing one leg over the other. He mostly stared at his phone, waiting for a message from the third person who was supposed to join them, but he occasionally glanced up and sometimes met the gaze of George who sat across from him.

When their eyes would meet, Wilbur would flash him a smile. George laughed when he did, that embarrassed laugh.

"You know, I don't think he's coming." Wilbur set his phone down.

George rolled his eyes, "Figured." He shrugged, "I guess friends do lie." He said, jokingly.

Wilbur chuckled and nodded in agreement, "Yeah," he glanced at the Pizza Hut sign, "well screw him then. We can have loads of fun without him."

George grinned, "Yeah!" He cheered, "What should we do after this?"

"Uhm..." Wilbur took a few seconds to think and then he nodded, "There's a path near a park, we can go there."

"Sounds good!"

The two sat at the Pizza Hut for a little bit before they set off on a mini adventure. Wilbur led the way.

They arrived at the park that Wilbur was talking about, and George glanced around. A few other people were walking, but it wasn't crowded.

Wilbur motioned for George to follow him. He lead George through an almost hidden archway made of trees and bushes.

The pathway was just wide enough for the two to walk side-by-side comfortably. George glanced ahead, taking note that the path led downhill, which would be a pain to walk back up, but he decided not to worry about that yet.

"Dream's missing out." Wilbur soon broke the silence, and George laughed softly.

"He is." He agreed, "Sounds like a Dream problem."

Wilbur laughed as he continued walking.

"So how did you find this place?" George asked, "This path, I mean."

"Was just out one day, decided to take a look around and boom, there it was." Wilbur explained quickly, "It became a regular walking path of mine soon after."

"I see, that's pretty interesting."

"It is. But that's not the best part!" Wilbur said, excitement prominent in his voice. "C'mon!" He said, picking up the pace.

"Hey," George laughed, trying to keep up with Wilbur, "wait up, I don't have freakishly long legs like you!"

"You're right, you have freakishly short legs!" Wilbur teased, yelping as George started to chase him, "Wait noo!"

George grinned as he chased after Wilbur, "I'll get you for that!"

Wilbur pushed past some branches that blocked the view of a beachy area. He stepped out onto the sand and whirled around.

With no hesitation he grabbed George and threw him over his shoulder, "You better leave me alone or I'm chucking you into the water!" He said, obviously joking.

George gasped dramatically, "No! You're bluffing!"

"Am I?" Will asked as he started to slowly step closer to the water. George giggled nervously again.

"Okay okay! I'll leave you alone!" George sighed when he was set back down onto the ground. He heard Wilbur laugh, but he was distracted by the water.

He walked closer to the water and crouched down. A shiny stone caught his attention and he picked it up.

Wilbur came to join him, searching the sand for something. George watched as Wilbur picked up the claw of a crayfish. "What's that?"

"Crayfish claw. Seagulls pluck them out of the water for food, and leave the inedible stuff behind." He waved the tiny claw around, "Pretty cool collectibles."

George hummed in interest, he looked down at the sand, looking for more claws like the one Wilbur found.

About a half hour passed and between the two, they collected at least twenty of the crayfish claws that were scattered on the beach.

A few clam shells were in their collection too.

"You know," George began as he looked up, meeting Wilbur's eyes once again, "I had a fun time today..."

Wilbur blinked and then smiled, "Yeah, me too."

The two sat in silence, gathering up their collection before Wilbur said one last thing.

"Dream really missed out."

George grinned, placing the claws into a baggie as he followed Wilbur again.