He's Sorry

Based on a tiktok by @lukewarmherbaltea
————

"Hello, Ghostbur." The familiar American voice caught the attention of the ghost, who looked over and smiled.

"Dream, hello!" He greeted holding out his hands, "Would you like some blue?"

The masked man shook his head, "No, thank you." But Wilbur didn't take no as an answer, and he placed the 'blue' into Dream's hand anyway.

Dream ignored the gesture, "Hey, Ghostbur. Can you follow me, I would like to show you something."

The ghost nodded, "Of course! Lead the way!" He said with a chirp and he followed Dream.

Dream walked past New L'Manberg, past the community house, and down into a hidden bunker.

Wilbur squinted his eyes, trying to see in the darkness of the underground. He could faintly hear shuffling in the middle of the room, but he didn't see anyone.

Dream placed a few torches, and the ghost was faced with his father, Philza, tied to a chair and struggling to get out.

"Why is Phil here?" Wilbur asked Dream, taking a step back and frowning, "Can I give him some blue? He looks sad..."

Dream didn't answer, he opened a door and turned to the ghost, "Get inside the room."

"Why?"

"It will help get Philza free."

Phil's voice interrupted their conversation, "Wil, don't!" But his warnings were ignored as Wilbur had already stepped into the room.

"Just sit and relax." Dream told Wil, and then started to leave after pressing a button.

Wilbur sat down, looking around the room. It started getting hot. Too hot. Wilbur soon realized that steam was actually coming out through holes in the walls.

"No! Dream!" Phil tried to call out for the masked man, "He'll melt, let him out!" He pleaded.

Wilbur rushed over to the door to get out, but the door wouldn't budge. "Phil! Help!" He shouted, banging his fist on the door.

"Let him go!" Phil continued to beg for his son to be set free.

The bangs on the door soon got quieter and more drawn out as Wilbur's cries for help died down.

Philza stared at the clear door, his eyes wide and full of tears. Once Wilbur had fully gone quiet, he hung his head in defeat.

It felt like hours had passed before Dream returned to the bunker, glancing at Phil and then the steam room door.

"What a shame." He said, walking over and untying Philza's wrists. "Better go see." He whispered.

Phil, with no hesitation, got up from the chair and ran to the steam room's door, opening it.

The ghost was nowhere to be seen, and Phil soon found himself on his knees, staring into the room in disbelief.

"Oh, Wilbur..." He said softly, hiding his face in his hands.