The Inbetween :]

I just wanna be appreciated

Here's a transcript(?) of Karl's most recent time in the Inbetween

Spoilers for Tales from the SMP: The Pit :]
————

In a flash of light, Karl found himself back in the Inbetween. Shuddering from his latest travel, staring the blonde kid in the eyes and then begging the kid to kill him- that's something that won't leave his mind for a while.
He shook his head, starting to walk forwards along the bridge, and he stopped in front of the castle, picking up the book in front of him.

Welcome back!

So much has happened all round the world since youve been here There is much to learn about yourself.

Karl turned the page.

Im glad to finally see you again :]

I see you have accidentally strayed from the path recently and I must remind you, don't stray from the path! :]

Karl closed the book, walking along the staircase to the right of the castle. Turning to the left, Karl found himself at the birch tree.

He admired the tree, only to feel his breath cut off. In the blink of an eye, the area around him shifted, turning darker, contrast from the white walls of the castle.

In no time at all, the world was back to how it was before, so Karl head to the tree and went through the crawl space he found before.

Unlike last time, the room was dark, laminated by a single torch. A book lay open on the ground and Karl picked it up, reading the page that was exposed to him.

Go up the ladder it has a surprise waiting for you.

:]

Karl dropped the book, now noticing the ladder. So, doing as the book asked, he went to the ladder and started to climb.

Once Karl made it to the room where the ladder stopped, he looked around. The room was dark as well, lit by torches. He saw dark splotches on the ground, and didn't allow his mind to wonder what it was.

His eyes widened, seeing writing scribbled onto the wall,

STICK TO THE PATH :]

Karl stumbled back, heading towards the ladder again. Being freaked out from the writing, Karl was a little disoriented and he slipped, falling and hitting the ground with a thud.

He didn't take time to recover from his fall, he got up and ran out of the tree through the crawlspace.

Karl looked around and was met with the blinding light bouncing off of the castle walls. He winced, shielding his eyes for a moment to let them adjust.

Blinking a few times, he started to wander aimlessly—stopping when he saw a withered rose next to a book. Making sure he was still alone, Karl went over and opened the book—barely missing the word, *Stay :]* on the cover.

Noticed you strayed from the path a bit there! Your mind seems to be playing tricks on you :]

Lets not let that happen again!

Go to the room where this all began

Where it all began...Did he know where that was? His spotted memory wasn't helping him in that moment, but he found his legs taking him to the castles entrance and main room.

In that room lay another book; Origins

He opened it,

This is where you first joined us in the inbetween :]