Freezing Over

Based off a Ghostbur head canon of mine 🤪
————

"Phil..." The ghost let out another broken sob, "Phil it's cold!"

He held his hands out to his dad, "It hurts.."

Phil frowned, looking over the grey hands, he reached out to take them in his own only to retract them quickly.

Ghostbur let out a surprised yelp, as shocked as Phil was. Phil rubbed his hands, his hands now feeling cold too, though it only lasted a few seconds.

"Phil! I hurt you!"

"No, no, don't worry." Phil assured, "I'm fine it's just... cold." He said with a laugh.

Ghostbur didn't relax at that, in fact, he got more panicked. He stared down at his hands, only to see ice shards covering them, going up to his elbow.

He got a closer look, starting at the blue liquid that dripped from the ice and his fingers. "Phil! It's making me bleed."

"It's okay, Wil, it's okay." Phil took off his cloak, wrapping the fabric around the frozen hands. He remembered Wilbur complaining about his hands always being cold—but nothing more than that. It was all simple complaining.

Ghostbur whimpered, everything ached but with Phil here to help him, he felt himself calming down slowly.

Phil sang a quiet song, rubbing the cloak along Ghostbur's arms to cause friction. In no time, Ghostbur had stopped crying, the cold subsiding and the ice shards melting.

The melting burned Ghostbur's arms, him wincing in pain from it.

Phil had hugged him, still singing and his shoulders relaxing when Ghostbur hugged back, receiving quiet giggles from the ghost.