An Act of Self-Care [Schlackity]

Ram horns grow really fast and sometimes have to be shaved down so they don't over grow and curl into the skull so 🤭
————

Quackity walked into the office, glancing all around in the dimly lit room. "Schlatt?" He called out, "You in here?"

He heard a low chuff in response, and he closed the door behind him, "Where are you?" He noticed Schlatt sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall.

"Oh man, not again." He mumbled, going over to the president, "Hey, Schlatt, come on let's get you to-"

"Don't talk to me like that, Alex." The ram growled lowly.

"Whoa- oh I just thought you were.. Y'know don't mind it." He waved his hand, laughing awkwardly, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Just... sitting in the dark?" Quackity tilted his head.

"Yeah... It's nice."

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"No."

Quackity raised an eyebrow, grinning slightly, "Are you sure? If I turned on the light, I wouldn't notice anything, would I?"

"Of course not!" Schlatt glared at Quackity in the dark, "Go ahead."

Quackity called him out on his bluff, going to turn the lights on. Once he flicked the switch, he turned back to Schlatt.

"Oh, Schlatt..!" Quackity gasped, going over, "Your horns are overgrown."

"So?"

"You should know much better than me that it's a bad thing!" Quackity scolded, "Come on, let's fix those up."

"No!" Schlatt huffed, being his stubborn self.

"Why not?"

"I don't like people touching them."

"Right, you said only special people can..." He nodded, recalling what Schlatt had once said, "Don't I count? Am I not special to you?" He asked, pouting.

"Well- that's not- what I'm saying um..." Schlatt glanced away, feeling uncomfortable under the eye contact, "I just don't.. want to file them down."

"It doesn't hurt, does it?"

Schlatt shook his head, "No..."

"Come on." Quackity stood up, holding his hand out, "It's an act of self-care, y'know. I'll help, but if we don't do anything about it, you could be blinded."

Schlatt huffed, taking Quackity's hand and also standing up.

Quackity led Schlatt to their bathroom, and patted the counter, telling Schlatt to sit there.

Schlatt hopped up onto the counter, getting comfortable and waiting.

Quackity searched through the drawers under the sink, and pulled out a filer.

"Close your eyes." He told Schlatt, and once the rams eyes were closed, Quackity began to shave down the horns.

It took a while, but Quackity had filed one down enough so it would take a while to grow back. "There, will you do the other one?"

Schlatt huffed, nodding. He took the filer away from Quackity, mimicking the others movements.

Once Schlatt was done, Quackity hugged him from behind, "There we go!" He cooed, "You're so handsome now that's you're not about to be stabbed in the face."

Schlatt snorted, rolling his eyes, "Gee, thanks." He mumbled.

Quackity giggled, "Come along now." He tugged lightly at Schlatt's sleeve, "It's bedtime now."

"Don't condescend me." Schlatt huffed, but followed Quackity regardless.