In The Last Days

*Warning*

*Warning*

This chapter may be triggering for those who suffer with self harm or depression. Please read at your own risks and know your limits.

Third POV

Nightmares. A hunter's curse. They came and went over and over again. Dean became used to them by the time he was eighteen. He would wake up, grab a towel to wipe the sweat off, make sure Sam was okay, and then he would spend the rest of his night wide awake wondering what his life would be like in the future. That routine changed a bit once he turned twenty one. By that time, he could walk into a bar and drink his problems away. But, of course, the problems never actually went away. They would always come back the next night when Dean laid his head down at night.

He doesn't understand how Olivia handles it. She doesn't drink, at all. Without the alcohol, the problems are still there constantly and Dean just can't understand how she continues on. You never see many hunters that don't drink. That alone proves to him that she's way stronger than him mentally.

It's crazy how much she changed him. Dean thinks about that everyday. Olivia made him so much better as a person. He had someone to look forward to after a hard hunt. He had someone who was going to be there with him through thick and thin. Dean knows that he puts her through a lot, hell, he's putting her though a lot now. That's just more guilt for Dean to add to his list now.

Dean wanted to spend his last day with his small family, but his mind wouldn't let him do that. He couldn't relax to save his life. And it's fear, Dean knows it. He knows that his time is coming, that he's living in his last days. As much as he wants to hide it, Dean knows the inevitable is going to hit him in only a week. He doesn't know what hell is like. He can only imagine the torcher he's going to endure for eternity. But, his brother would still be alive. His brother would still be alive to make sure that his wife would be okay. His brother would be alive and he would be able to continue on with the family business or whatever else he wanted to do.

Now that Dean thinks about it, he realizes that he is a selfish asshole.

Dean sighs into the dark room and shakes his head as if to get rid of his thoughts. Unfortunately, that's not the way that it works.

He takes a look at the clock that was on the oven and wipes his face with his hands once he realizes the time. 3:32. Despite the unhealthy amount of alcohol that was in his system, his body just wouldn't slow down or relax. The fear that filled his body ever few seconds wouldn't leave him alone either.

"Dean?" A soft, groggy voice calls out to him.

"Hey, sweetheart," a small smile comes across Dean's face as he sees Olivia come into the kitchen dressed in leggings and one of his shirts.