Sleep Don't Come Easy

Third POV

Third POV

It's another night where Olivia's thoughts are keeping her from falling asleep. It was only three more weeks. Two more weeks until she would have to say goodbye to her husband for good. She would be a widow at 25. Olivia sure as hell didn't expect her life to end up like this. And she still hasn't told Dean or Sam about her powers fading away. She knows that Dean would blame himself like he always does with every bad thing that happens in their lives. She doesn't want him to die with that on his conscious. It would eat her alive. Sam, on the other hand, would just dive head first into researching and that would eat him alive as well. But, Balthazar hasn't even checked backed in and it's starting to piss Olivia off. But, she's also worried at the same time. What type of guardian angel doesn't answer when you pray to them? Castiel hasn't even decided to come in and give his monotone opinions. But, it's Cas, he always gets a pass.

Turning slowly to the side, careful to not wake Dean, Olivia sighs wondering if she'll even get at least two good hours of sleep. Sleep has never been this hard for her. Sleep is great. Hell, sleeping is one of her most favorite things to do. Especially since she's family with two of the world's most skilled and trained hunters. They almost never have breaks and when they did Olivia cherished sleep like it's her baby.

"If you move one more time, I swear," Dean groans as he unwraps her arms from her and turns to the side.

"I can't sleep," Olivia whines, sitting up in the lumpy bed. Thankfully, Sam got another room so she could be as whiney as she want. She sits quietly for a moment before she sees Dean slowly begin to fall back asleep. "Hey, I said that I can't sleep."

"And that's my fault?"

Yes, actually, yes it is. "D, if I'm not sleeping, you're not sleeping."

With a loud, obnoxious groan, Dean finally partially wakes up and turns the lamp on. He stares at her face and sees how exhausted she looks. Even with a cute, adorable pout. Dean sits up and leans back against the headboard. "What's this really about?"

Olivia shrugs innocently. "What do you mean?"

"You love sleep. You would sleep for the rest of your life if you could. So what is this about?"

"I guess I'm just not that sleepy."

"Wanna try that again but this time with the truth?"

"Babe, I seriously don't know why," Olivia lies straight through her teeth, "I guess my brain just isn't tired."

Dean stares at her longer, squinting his eyes, as if he was trying to see into her mind. He gets out of the bed and begins to throw on some clothes.

Olivia looks at him confused and tilts her head. "Uh, what are you doing?"

"We're going for a drive. Put some clothes on."

Excitedly, Olivia follows Dean's orders. Late night drives had become their thing over the past two years. It doesn't matter what the time was, if one or the other was having a hard time, they were always ready to go for a drive. It was calming for them, a chance to air out there feelings.