Hate The Club

Damn you know I hate the club,
But I came 'cause I knew you'd show up..

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
June 19th
Miami, Florida

"Y'all still wanna go out and party?" I asked looking in the front seat at Kelly and Michelle.

Michelle looked back at me since she wasn't the one driving. "The concert was just a warm up."

"My head hurts."

"I got Advil hoe." Kelly reached down in her purse to hand me the small bottle of pills.

"I'm tired."

"What's really the problem Beyoncé? Because you knew what you were getting yourself into when you said you wanted to come out with us tonight."

The truth is, I'd seen Onika's Instagram story, and she was at the same concert.. she would be at the same club. The urge to see her grew by the moment. I went back to see her Instagram story multiple times, making me lucky that they didn't show you how many times someone watched it. I would've been fucked.

I missed her. More than I could admit to anybody else, but she knew how I felt about her. Just seeing her made my heart burst into a million pieces, and my body heat up in ways I didn't know it could.

We broke up because there were so many lies, and miscommunication within the relationship. At a point, I couldn't even see myself with her. That was when I knew I had to let it go, and we hadn't spoken to each other since. It was like a few hi's and bye's here and there, but nothing other than that.

When her dad died I texted her and told her I was praying for her, even though I knew she was probably tired of hearing that shit. She said thanks and we never spoke again. I didn't even know she was in Miami until I saw her Instagram story.

"Onika's gonna be there." I admitted.

I pulled out my phone to show them her story. Michelle took my phone from me to examine it.

"Who is she with?"

"Diamonté and Ariana."

"Oh that's why."

"What?" I took my phone back from her. Her and Kelly gave each other a look. "What?"

"She knows you're gonna be there Bey, I'm sure she's expecting you there. She hates the club."

I sat back in my seat, baffled. I knew it wasn't a coincidence but why in the world would she expect me to be there? Why couldn't she have just texted me or something? I thought we were cool.

"You miss her?" Kelly looked at me through the rear view mirror.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't think it's that."

"So why do you have her Instagram bookmarked?"

"Bye, that's embarrassing."

"We dated for like a year, I think I'm entitled to a little feeling."

"Y'all dated for a year and a half, liar. But yeah, you're entitled to whatever you feel. Nobody's taking that from you. Just don't downplay it like we don't know what that girl means to you."