Tension

May 14th, 2017
10:56 p.m.
NYC
Omniscient:

She was a cocky twenty-something, and she had too much money to be worried about who fucked with her or not. Past mistakes had damaged her good girl image, so now she was everybody's bad girl sex symbol. Sometimes it was hard, but people were going to fuck with her regardless.

Bey had been in the public eye since she was young, like 15 years old, and it had always been cool to do whatever she wanted. She could go to clubs at the age of 16 or 17, and nobody would question it because they knew who she was. She was perfect it girl that everybody wanted to cop a feel on. Things turned sour quickly though. Violence struck between her and her ex-girlfriend Lori, and the video was everywhere.

After that, Bey was in the dark for a year and a half. No one would book her, everybody was dropping endorsement deals, and she just felt so alone. Everybody was worried about Lori, but nobody was worried about her. Though it sounded narcissistic for her to say out loud, she wished someone would have come and checked on her. Even her mother started to fall back, but she didn't blame her. Tina had been through domestic violence in her life, and she didn't think that she could see her own daughter in that light. It was heartbreaking for everyone.

One day though, a mentor of Beyoncé's, someone that'd inspired her for the longest time—Mary J.—had told her that people weren't going to like her for what's happened, and because Lori was the one that had more scarring physically, nobody would blame her. Mary told Beyoncé that the best thing she could do, was keep going. Regardless of if people like you or not, they're going to have to see you, if you keep going. People's dislike for her was valid, but she couldn't give up on the people that love her, regardless of if they could see it or not.

Beyoncé took that to heart, and picked it up quickly. She got in the studio built into her home by herself for 3 weeks straight, and just wrote. Anything she was feeling, whether it was sadness, anger, stress, or relief, she wrote it, and recorded it. The album ended up getting her 3 Grammy's. Most hated to see her up on that stage accepting awards they didn't feel like she deserved, but she genuinely didn't care anymore. She had to live her life for herself.

So now, she was the cockiest, yet humble being known to man. Just being friends with her was an experience.

"Let's hope nobody is on nothing tonight, I really don't have time." Kelly said.

Beyoncé nodded her head up to Trey, and he started to drive to the Pyramid Club. It seemed like every time she stepped foot in a club, everybody thought it was time to fight.

"You know we leaving if it is, but this album just went triple platinum. We celebrating."

Kelly smiled. "They be hating on you, but they obviously can't help but love you."

"Shit obviously." Beyoncé put her sunglasses on, nodding her head toward Julius. "How you doing tonight Ju?"

"Pretty good Ms. Knowles, what about yourself?"

"What's it gon' take for us to make you laugh Julius? Because in all the years of you working for me, you ain't smiled once. You sad or something?"

He chuckled before answering. "No ma'am. I just feel like it's unprofessional."

"To smile?" Kelly furrowed her eyebrows.