I See You

January 26th
Manhattan New York
Omniscient:

Beyoncé stood outside her father's house, dressed in her uniform, fixing the cuffs that said at her waist. She held her hands out in front of her while waiting for her father to walk out. She was sure he would be proud of her when he saw her.

Matthew walked out of the house in a suit, he looked at his daughter and a smile gradually appeared on his face.

"You look great in your uniform."

"Thank you Pops," She smiled even wider making her dimple come into view. "I think I'm gonna be you one day."

Ever since Beyoncé was young, she wanted to do what her father did. Protect people. People that mattered to the world as a whole. When she told him that, his heart bursted. He was prepared to teach her everything that he knew about his job, so that's exactly what he did. Then Beyoncé started to actually pursue it, and he couldn't be happier. He taught her to be better than he was, she was him times 2.

"Grammys are tonight, it's a big, crazy night. People are crazy, and they won't hesitate to try something. That's where you come in baby girl." He smiled at her. "Some of those celebrities are the most disrespectful people you'll ever meet."

"You couldn't imagine Pops," She sighed. "And you can't even say anything because they're in a higher position than you are."

Onika rolled her eyes at her mother who continued to go on and on about her Grammys performance. She sat at the piano with her knees curled up to her chest, taking a small sip of her hot chocolate. It was her favorite, it was one of the only things that made her feel good.

"I'm gonna do fine." Onika groaned, she pushed her natural hair out of her face. Another thing that made her feel good about her life. She smiled at the thought. She didn't have many things that made her happy so when she thought about one, it was the highlight of her days.

"You need to do better than fine Onika. You need to channel whoever you channel when you get up there on that stage, and give them that crazy ass energy."

Roman. Another happy thought. Roman got Onika out of so many things. She could completely black out during her performances, and the next morning see her on somebody's stage, doing the damn thing. Every time she saw it, she knew Roman had taken over.

"Yes ma'am." She spoke softly, then looked up at her mother innocently.

Carol refused to look at her daughter though. She knew what it would turn into and she didn't have time for that today.

Seeing that Carol wasn't going to look at her, Onika looked back down into her hot chocolate, a single salty, heavy tear dropped down into it.

Sometimes things like this made her want to end it all. She wouldn't be disappointing her mother anymore, and maybe then, her mother would look at her.. pay attention to her. It seemed like the only time she did was when Onika had to go out into the public. She had to be perfect, and her mother was the one that made sure that happened.

"You have a fitting in an hour. Get ready now, you're not big enough to be late to things."

Onika sniffled back the tears and nodded her head, lifting herself off of the piano bench. She left the mug on top of the piano and walked up to her room.