{Twenty-Eight}

Several hours later, Taehyung sat in the backroom of the conference hall

Several hours later, Taehyung sat in the backroom of the conference hall. He was playing with the hem of his shirt, Hoseok had given them old clothes from performances of the dance crew, so they were dressed appropriately.

Yoongi was getting his make up done, and one of the stylists approached him. "Would you also like to get your makeup done?" she asked, holding up her brush.

Taehyung thought about it. Did he need that? He didn't want his image distorted; he tried to appear as natural as possible. He gave her a nervous smile, "Only a little eyeshadow, nothing more please."

The stylist nodded, giving him a reassuring smile. "You wouldn't need the rest anyway," she said, and Taehyung tried not to blush at the subtle compliment.

He sat down on one of the chairs, looking at himself in the mirror. He looked nervous and tired, his eyes a little dull, and his lips slightly chapped. He closed his eyes and let the stylist do her thing, trying not to flinch at the unfamiliar feeling of the soft bristles against the sensitive skin of his eyelid.

After two minutes, she spoke up again. "You're done!" she announced, and Taehyung could hear the smile on her voice. He opened his eyes and suppressed a gasp; he looked like an idol. She gently ruffled up his hair a little; now the chocolate brown curls looked untamed but stylish.

He gave her a thankful smile, and stood up, bowing out of respect. She laughed and waved him off, "Please don't. We're all equal here."

The omega blushed but nodded, looking over to his mate, only to find him staring already. Yoongi gave him one of the rare gummy smiles while getting his hair styled, and Taehyung nervously smiled back. He retreated to the edge of the wall separating him from at least fifty reporters, their chatter a low buzz in the big room.

He bit his lip. Was he really about to do this? Was he ready for it? Probably not. But some things happen, whether you're ready or not. It's part of life; challenges are a part of life. And he was going to face this one, and he wouldn't falter or break. He would succeed.

He got startled by the feeling of a warm hand on his shoulder but was relieved after hearing Hoseok's voice. "Are you alright?"

He turned to look over his shoulder, "I'm nervous, but that's normal, I guess."

The older just smiled, that naturally comforting and uplifting heart-shaped smile. "It's going to be alright. You're strong, and I'm sure the fans will accept you. You're a part of HopeWorld now."

"I am?" Taehyung asked with big eyes. He always dreamt of working in their cafeteria. But he wouldn't leave Minhee; she has grown onto him. She was like a second mother for him ever since he moved to Seoul, and she immediately took him under her wings.

"You are," Hoseok confirmed with a nod of his head, the smile never faltering. "Now that I'm looking at you, this eyeshadow makes you look like an idol. Can you sing?"