{Eighteen}

Directioners? 5SOSFam anyone?

Taehyung's finger hovered above the 'accept' button, his bottom lip caught between his teeth

Taehyung's finger hovered above the 'accept' button, his bottom lip caught between his teeth. On the one hand, he missed his parents, and he hadn't talked to them for weeks, but on the other, a lot happened since then.

He and Yoongi didn't talk about telling anyone besides their close circle, which was unexpected to happen so soon. Taehyung should've known it; their parents were worried about him 24/7 even though Jeongguk was by his side most of the time.

He took a deep breath and held the phone up against his ear. "Hello?"

"Tae! How have you been?" the familiar rough voice rung in Taehyung's ears, and he found a smile playing on his lips. He missed his family.

"I've been good! How are things at home?" the brunette asked, standing up and beginning to walk through the apartment, an odd habit of him.

His father sighed, "It's so quiet without you two causing mischief. We also miss Jimin ringing the doorbell at ungodly hours," his dad chuckled.

"I miss you and mum too. Any special reason why you've called?" the brunette asked, looking into the cupboards in the kitchen.

"Am I not allowed to check up on my son?"

Taehyung lightly shook his head, smiling. "You are. I'm just wondering."

"We've barely heard anything from neither you nor Jeongguk the last few weeks. We were worried." his father admitted, a quiet voice sounding in the background.

"Oh, it's just... A lot has been going on" Taehyung tried to talk himself out of it. He didn't want to spill the tea right away; he needed to speak with Yoongi first.

"Are you three alright?" his father asked worriedly, and Taehyung knew he should've worded it better.

"Yes, yes we are, it's just..." he nibbled at his lip. How was he going to outline the events without telling too much? "Kinda hectic. We made some new friends—"

"Are they alphas?" his father immediately interrupted him, his deep voice laced with concern.

"Yes, but they aren't dangerous! Seokjin met them and approved." Taehyung defended, his pacing around the couch quickening.

"You know we trust Seokjin, but we need to see for ourselves. We haven't visited in a long time anyway!" his father's voice grew cheerful in the end. Taehyung paled.

"No, it's alright!! I could FaceTime you when they are over some time—"

"Your Mum just booked the tickets," he chuckled, but Taehyung was anything but amused. "We'll see you next week! Tidy up before then!" and with that, the line went dead.