{Twenty-Four}

"M-Mum?" the omega asked, still in shock

"M-Mum?" the omega asked, still in shock. "I-I thought you'd visit on Monday?" he stammered, trying his best to muster up a welcoming smile.

"We were missing our little pups too much," she sighed before pushing past Taehyung, entering the flat. Then it hit Taehyung. Jeongguk and Jimin didn't know that their parents arrived. After his father entered, he hastily shut the door and ran into his room, opening the door and closing it behind him.

Jimin was surprised to see the omega so tense, his eyes losing their usually bright spark, replaced by a dark cloud of worry. "Who was it?" Jeongguk spoke up, his protective instinct activating like a siren right over his head.

"Mum and dad are here," Taehyung whispered, voice light but full of hysteria. Then it was Jimin's turn to pale. "They are? I thought you said Monday—"

"I did! But they 'missed' us." Taehyung whispered, flinching at the voice of his mother calling him from their living room.

"Okay, let's go. We will manage this without causing a disaster," Jeongguk whispered, receiving a nod from both omegas. Taehyung opened the door again, dragging his feet until he stood in front of his parents again. "Take a seat; I'll make something to eat!"

He flashed them a small smile and vanished into the kitchen.

He hastily took out the brownie recipe, for once welcoming the extra work. It was a good distraction from his parents' spontaneous visit and gave him more time to figure out his next steps. As he mixed the batter, he heard Jungkook talking with them in the living room and saw a tuft of Jimin's blonde hair as he peered to the side. The voices were calm, so he hoped they either had told them already, and they were levelheaded, or they didn't tell his parents yet.

He just poured the batter into the form and was about to take off his apron as the doorbell chimed. Who was visiting at this hour?

Taehyung jogged into the living room, still fumbling with the strings of the apron behind his back, "Probably mail. I'll get it!"

As he opened the door, he took such a big gasp he started choking on his spit, hastily clamping a hair over his mouth to be quiet. As he calmed down, he looked at the other in shock. "What are you doing here?" he whisper-screamed, glancing over his shoulder.

"Visiting my boyfriend?" Yoongi smiled, tilting his head. Taehyung wanted to coo at the alpha's cuteness, but not when his parents were just mere meters away. "Tae, what is taking so long?" his mother called, her voice full of friendliness.

Yoongi's eyes doubled in size, "Who is that?"

Taehyung gulped, "No one, uh, could you come back in two hours?" he whispered, glancing over his shoulder again, making sure that none of his parents entered the hallway unannounced.

Upon observing how nervous his omega was and the spike in his scent, having a sour touch, Yoongi decided as his alpha it was his responsibility to get rid of the source. So he gently kissed Taehyung's cheek and walked into the flat, missing the completely horrified look Taehyung wore.