{Twenty-One}

About ten minutes later, they were settled on the couch with snacks surrounding them

About ten minutes later, they were settled on the couch with snacks surrounding them. Dead Poets Society played on the huge plasma TV, and Taehyung was comfortably cuddled into Yoongi's side.

"Other couples watch Marvel or rom-com's, and we're sitting here with Dead Poets Society," Taehyung giggled, stuffing a gummy bear into his mouth. Yoongi looked down at the omega, his brows furrowed with worry. "You don't like it?"

Taehyung shook his head, hastily swallowing the treat. "No! It's different. But not in a bad way. This movie has so many hidden meanings! And I'm kind of surprised you chose it."

"I like it. I love how the movie's main theme revolves around expressing yourself freely through the art of poetry. It spoke to me on another level..." the hazel-haired trailed off, not finishing the sentence and leaving a curious Taehyung behind.

The omega thought about it, should he ask the rapper, or should he just accept his decision not to tell him more? If they kept moving this slow, they would know each other properly in about a year. So he took the risk and asked.

"On which level did it speak to you?" the omega asked, his soft voice almost drowned out by the movie. Yoongi noticed and paused it, turning around a little to look at Taehyung. He was debating whether to tell him or not, but the curiosity and genuine interest of the other softened his demeanor.

"My parents didn't want me to become a rapper. You see, I'm not from a rich background. We struggled for food every day. So they wanted me to become something which guarantees a regular and good income, and honestly, I can't blame them." Yoongi took a breath, taking Taehyung's hand to keep himself grounded.

"I did that for a while, hopped from job to job, trying to bring money home. But I felt uneasy, caged in some way. So every night, I would stay up and express my feelings by writing songs. Most songs are really just poems with background noise."

Taehyung nodded, not daring to intervene.

"One day, I secretly went to an audition. Hoseok was there; he was the son of the label boss. His father initially didn't want me, but Hoseok saw potential, so he tried to convince him. We ended up making a deal, I was allowed to produce an EP under the Jung's record label, and if it generated enough views and money, they would set up a contract."

Taehyung gaped at the older. He never thought that Yoongi only became who he was now, thanks to Hoseok. 

"Wow..." he whispered, looking into the older's eyes. He saw insecurity, fear, and something akin to melancholy. "Do you sometimes wish you would've complied with your family's wishes?" the brunette asked, laying his head onto the other's shoulder.

Yoongi pondered at that. What would've happened if he just threw his dream away? He would probably sit in some vast bureau building, dealing with obnoxious co-workers and broken printers all the time. He shivered at the thought; he could never imagine himself in such a bland and monotone environment.