{Twelve}

While the younger was asleep, Yoongi kept replaying the melody, memorizing it, and writing it down

While the younger was asleep, Yoongi kept replaying the melody, memorizing it, and writing it down. He tried to be quiet; he didn't want to wake Taehyung from his much-needed sleep.

He wrote down the keys and completed a rough instrumental as his eyes began to feel droopy. He refused to sleep, anxious that he'd forget everything if he slept now. So he tip-toed out of Taehyung's room and into the kitchen, the whole apartment dark, seeing as it was 2 am.

He quietly made himself some coffee, shuffling back into the room, and continued working. He didn't even notice that the sun was slowly rising, warm golden rays replacing the dark in the room, the table lamp still on.

He worked on the second part as he felt a pair of arms wrap around his shoulders, a head shyly placed on the left.

"Didn't take you for someone who's up early," a sleepy Taehyung murmured, eyes still half-closed.

Yoongi just smiled. "Your assumption was right."

Taehyung sighed and drew back, yawning, and stretching. "Wan' mornin' cuddles," he demanded, trudging back to the bed. And who was Yoongi to refuse such a sweet request?

He stood up and made his way over to the bed, sighing while laying down, the soft sheets a welcoming change from the hard chair.

Taehyung immediately snuggled close, wrapping his arms around the alpha and placing his head on his shoulder.

Yoongi closed his eyes, enjoying the intimacy. Sure he wanted to wait with kisses and but both needed basic skinship, their wolves craving it.

The door opened, and Jimin's head appeared, a relieved sigh leaving his lips. "Thank god it was a short heat. And good morning," he smiled, almost cooing at a tired and cuddly Taehyung.

"Mornin," Yoongi rasped, trying to fight the drowsiness taking over.

"Breakfast is ready in 20 minutes," Jimin said, closing the door. Yoongi looked at the sleepy omega on top of him, smiling to himself, loving how the soft rays of light made Taehyung glow.

"You're gorgeous," he whispered, unconsciously smiling.

Taehyung's eyes went wide, and he looked up to the alpha. "Pardon?"

"You've heard it right." Yoongi chuckled, watching amusedly as Taehyung's cheeks began to turn a peachy pink.

"I already hate you." Taehyung huffed and hid his face in the older's chest.

"Naw, I'll steal your heart before you can say baby carrot." Yoongi teased, drawing patterns on Taehyung's back.

"What even is a baby carrot?" Taehyung inquired, looking up again, cheeks still flushed.

"You don't know what a baby carrot is?" Yoongi gasped, placing a hand over his heart.

"Obviously, no," Taehyung answered, cocking a brow.