{Thirty-Three}

"W-What do you mean?" Taehyung stammered, squeezing the pillow

"I think it's time that I mark you and that we complete the mating ritual. I'm confident that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I hope you think the same. I don't want to pressure you, but I want to avoid things like this happening again. I know that there'll always be people who disregard the significance of the ritual, but I want to make you mine." Yoongi said, his expression soft and his voice calm.

Taehyung thought about it, but no matter how hard he racked his brain for insecurities, he found none. "I think the same. You make me feel like I belong somewhere, like I am important and irreplaceable. And this may sound stupid, but I'd love to take this step with you, to be yours."

Yoongi smiled and pulled the omega close to him, engulfing him in a tight hug, placing a butterfly kiss on his scent gland. The brunette giggled and smiled so wide the corners of his mouth hurt. "Hoseok will kill us," Yoongi muttered, gently scooting back and allowing his mate to rest his head on his chest.

"Why?" Taehyung asked, looking up while listening to the rapper's heartbeat.

"Press conferences aren't easy to organize," Yoongi chuckled, gently carding his fingers through the omega's hair. Taehyung just giggled, "I don't care. I want this; I want you."

Yoongi smirked, "I've never seen you so fierce."

The younger pouted, "And what about it? I can be straightforward too!"

The rapper bit his lip to keep from laughing and grinned, watching the omega getting more and more agitated by the second. Taehyung felt the need to prove himself, to show his mate that he wasn't just pretty and shy, so he sat up and straddled Yoongi's lap, sheer determination in his eyes.

The older just raised a brow, waiting for the omega's next move. Taehyung took a deep breath and gave himself a short pep talk in his head before leaning forward and kissing Yoongi's neck, his lips barely touching the delicate skin.

Yoongi let out a surprised but appreciative noise, his hands automatically settling on Taehyung's waist. The younger felt reassured and continued his ministrations, trailing butterfly kisses from the alpha's neck along his jawline up to his mouth. The brunette decided to tease the alpha and refrained from kissing him, barely brushing his lips against Yoongi's.

"You're a tease," the alpha muttered, taking in the beauty of his omega. The lounge's dimmed lilac light bathed Taehyung's skin in a soft mauve glow, accentuating his long dark lashes and highlighting the soft heart of his upper lip.

"You're ethereal," the older whispered, burying his hand in the rich chocolate locks of the omega, pulling him in for a passionate kiss. Taehyung made a noise of protest, adamant about being in control, but ultimately submitting to his mate. Yoongi softly growled at how easily the omega submitted, unconsciously tightening his grip around the younger's narrow waist.