{Twenty-Two}

After taking a hot shower, both boys found themselves on the couch again, three blankets covering them

After taking a hot shower, both boys found themselves on the couch again, three blankets covering them. They hadn't spoken; they'd just enjoyed each other's warmth.

The movie was playing, and Taehyung couldn't help but snuggle closer to Yoongi, burying his head into the soft material of the older's hoodie.

"Are you feeling okay?" Yoongi asked, his voice a little breathy. Since the events earlier, the alpha couldn't stop worrying that he'd rushed the omega to do things he didn't want to. He only wanted the best for Taehyung.

The latter nodded his head, a sincere smile forming on his lips. "I am, better than okay," the omega whispered, gently nosing at the alpha's scent gland, feeling comfortable and safe.

Yoongi just smiled and gently petted the other's brown hair, the smile growing even wider at the soft sigh of his omega. He didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't stop thinking about that Kangjun guy. He knew Taehyung's answer was sincere, he was just a coworker, but he couldn't prevent the burning in his chest whenever he thought about it. He didn't want any other males near Taehyung, and he knew that he couldn't possibly request the omega to stay away; that would be toxic.

He had to find a way to deal with his feelings; his fingers were itching just to grab his notebook and write some lyrics down, possibly even a melody. He moved to get his phone, opening the notes. His notes were a mess, bits and pieces of his songs mixed with his grocery shopping lists.

He quickly typed some words down, noticing Taehyung's curious eyes on him. "What are you doing?" the omega whispered, barely audible over the movie still playing in the background. "Writing down some lyrics," the rapper mumbled, his thumbs working fast.

The omega leaned a little further towards Yoongi, peering over his shoulder to read the notes.

{This emotion in my chest is unbearable
burning me inside out
But if I tie you down
you would wither away like snow in the sun}

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows; what feelings was he talking about? And who did he want to tie down? Yoongi seemed to notice the younger's confusion, turning his head to place a gentle peck on his nose. "Don't worry about it. Just random thoughts."

Taehyung nodded, clearly not convinced, before re-entering his previous position. Yoongi didn't want to leave it like that, disliking the crease on the younger's forehead, "Sometimes inspiration is inconvenient. It hits you at the worst times, but it's better to write it down, even if you discard or change it later."

Taehyung nodded, surprised that the older resumed the conversation. He thought he'd just leave it at that.

Yoongi couldn't stand seeing his omega so confused, so he sighed and paused the movie. "Do you want a preview of a special song from the album?" he asked, knowing that Taehyung couldn't say no to that. And as predicted, the brunette's eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly, the silky locks bouncing with every move.