24. Better Days

[ 24 ]

[ 24 ]

-

With the vaccine proven to be a success, every other person living in the manor took the jab as well, except Nari of course. To test out whether it would work, they granted the permission for Jungkook to combat a zombie himself when he had once again volunteered for the job.

As predicted, Jungkook obtained multiple wounds ranging from superficial scratches to deep bite marks from fighting one of the captured zombies empty-handed. The team took turns to look after the injured boy as he recovered slowly, and fortunately, he was still alive and well, being completely immuned against the infection.

Since there were only limited supplies in the Kim brothers' lab, they had to drive all the way back to the heart of the metropolitan in order to contact the very few who had stayed back in the Ministry of Health. To say that the ministry was flabbergasted and amazed by Jimin and a few others who had tagged along would be an understatement.

Days were surely slowly getting better, and they were all glad to be alive still after going through so much difficulties together in their life. With a new vaccine to prevent more humans from getting turned into zombies, the remaining government decided to send out the functioning helicopters to scout all over the country for any survivors left, bringing them back to a newly built military camp.

Surprisingly, the amount of survivors found were more than expected. Men who were saved had all agreed to join the army force to eradicate the zombies once and for all; and women would help out in sorting more meticulous works in order to restore a proper system back on track.

Country representatives around the globe were informed on the change in that specific country, rendering them to offer whatever equipments they had left to create more of the vaccine to save their own countries.

Then, as a reward, the new government gifted Jimin and Nari a house in the slight outskirts of the city, so the general would be able to return home from the military camp after training the volunteers. Hoseok had rejoined the military as a doctor again, and Yoongi offered to help Jimin out.

The government was generous enough to rebuild a much larger and spacious lab for the Kim siblings. Jaemin and Jungkook didn't even hesitate to join the military training and even came out as aces in their squads.

Taehyung would often drop by at the Park's to visit Nari after work with the Kim's, updating her on the projects and progresses going on in the lab which she was clearly forced to sit out. The Oh siblings' mother was still in the country she was in since flying became a luxury during the pandemic, and she had cried out in joy when Nari called her to pass the news on her marriage and pregnancy.

Speaking of which, Nari was currently caressing her bulging tummy while reading a book Taehyung gave her on the living room sofa, her legs propped up comfortably on the coffee table. She couldn't care less how she looked anymore, as her husband had quite literally seen the most beautiful and ugliest parts of her.