14. Humans vs Zombies

[ 14 ]

[ 14 ]

-

Never did Taehyung ever think that there would be a day where he would be holding a real gun to defend himself. The last time he held one was when he was still serving in the mandatory military service, and those training sessions were nothing compared to what he was experiencing now.

Firing the gun at the zombie approaching him, Taehyung stabled his footings as the impact had made him stumble. He kicked the dead zombie away roughly, his nose scrunching in disgust at the putrid odour emitting from the zombie.

"Tae hyung! Help me!"

At the holler of his name, Taehyung ran towards Jungkook who was struggling to keep himself away from getting bitten by a zombie with his baseball bat hindering the walking dead from gnawing on his face. When the scientist was close enough, he shoved the soles of his shoes onto the zombie before shooting the its head.

"Ugh." Jungkook grunted as he wiped the droplets of blood splattered onto his jacket.

"Don't touch the blood with your bare hands!" Taehyung warned just in time to smack the boy's hand away. "You have wounds on your hands, Kook. There may be a chance for the infection to be spreaded via the bloodstream."

"Shit. I should bandage my hands up then." Jungkook spoke, and the two whipped their heads towards the direction where the sound of bullets getting fired was heard next.

Everything was going suspiciously smoothly as the two cars travelled down the road earlier, but they had spoken too soon about them being safe from the zombies. It was around six in the evening when the sun was setting, luring more zombies to come out of their hiding spots to invade the group who had stopped by at a roadside rest area to stretch their legs.

They tried to run back into their cars where Nari was waiting in, but they were trapped when the zombies blocked their path to exit the store they were in. Fortunately, Jimin and Hoseok had demanded all of them to carry at least a gun each, so they would be able to defend themselves when needed.

So, back to the current situation.

Taehyung lifted his arm up to stop Jungkook from running towards the trio who were surrounded by a melee of zombies crowding around them. The pair of friends who were trained for combat were busy blasting the zombies' heads off, but it was pretty evident that they were slowly getting outnumbered by the dead but not really dead ones.

"Jaemin, are you there yet?!" Jimin shouted as he continued to shoot his handgun with both of his hands grasped tightly onto the weapon.

He would definitely use the machine gun on his back if he could, but since the range was too close for him to use it, he had to settle with his trustworthy handgun while praying for its bullets to not run out so soon.