9. Hold My Hand

[ 9 ]

[ 9 ]

-

Running towards each other for a tight embrace was the first thing both Nari and Taehyung did when they arrived at the main base. The scientists hugged each other tightly, relieved that none were harmed and were still in one piece.

"Thank you for being alive." Taehyung choked out a sob while swaying his friend gently, and finally pulled away when Jimin walked towards them. "Thank you for protecting my best friend."

Jimin gave him a nod. "I don't break promises, Taehyung."

"What are you two doing there? Come over here." Nari motioned for her brother and his friend to join them instead of standing idly next to the car.

"Jaemin? What a pleasant surprise." Taehyung grinned while hugging the younger boy for a brief moment.

"About this... I think Park and I need to tell you something." Nari shared a look with the general before diverting her focus back onto Taehyung who had frowned at her words.

"Taehyung, bring them to the old lab and I'll meet you guys later after reporting myself to the higher-ups." Jimin scrunched his nose at the thought of meeting them.

"Be smart not to tell them too much okay?" Nari shot Jimin a warning glance, making him roll his eyes before flicking her forehead playfully. "Ow!"

"I'm not as stupid as you think of me is, Miss Oh." Jimin smirked and then walked away.

Taehyung crossed his arms with a knowing grin on his face. "I'm still betting on the hundred bucks."

"What hundred bucks?" Jaemin's eyes twinkled mischievously.

"What bet is it?" Jungkook piped in.

"Don't listen to him, please." Nari groaned, and proceeded to drag the younger boys away despite their whines of protest. "Show the way Tae!"

"I'll tell you guys later." Taehyung whispered cheekily to the younger boys, making them giggle.

Gone was the mischievous Taehyung the second they stepped into the much smaller laboratory built underground. The male scientist snickered at how Nari had scrunched up her nose in distaste, but nevertheless trailed after him towards the messy pile of papers and whatnots on one of the long desks.

"Woah, is this where you usually work in noona?" Jaemin was awestruck, needless to say.

"The lab we worked in was much cooler than this shabby one, trust me." Nari replied him nonchalantly. "You two better not touch anything inside the lab."