7. Adrenaline

[ 7 ]

[ 7 ]

-

Even with Jimin stepping on the pedal to drive away as quickly as possible, the zombies were somehow still able to keep up with the speed and they kept getting closer to the car as each second went by. Nari was busy grabbing onto her seatbelt tightly with her notes now stuffed safely back into her bag when Jimin turned towards her.

"Nari. Can you drive?" He asked hastily.

"I have a license—"

"Good. Now take over and drive the car while I send those zombies back to where they belong. We can't let them follow us towards the city." Jimin shot her a small grin before hopping towards the back seat, not giving Nari any chance to say no.

"Park Jimin you idiot!" Nari shouted in bewilderment and fear as she shifted towards the driver seat to control the wheel before the car could move away from its original track. "Did you want us two to die?!"

"I trust you to not let us die, and I won't let us die." Jimin winked, and wound down the window with a machine gun now clutched in his arms. "Drive safe and I'll take care of our friends back there."

Nari flinched when Jimin fired the the first round of bullets, but she told herself to not get distracted and drive properly instead. She wasn't used to how a Mercedes-Benz worked, but it took the scientist only a short time to figure out the gears.

"Drive faster Nari!" Jimin demanded, and the girl stepped onto the pedal instantly.

She shook her head with a smile on her face when she heard Jimin cheer in excitement while firing off his weapon, hitting head shots perfectly and began to knock down more and more zombies behind them. Jimin loved the adrenaline pumping inside his blood vessels, boosting his determination to kill off all the remaining zombies still chasing after them blindly.

"Park! A sharp turn ahead!" Nari informed loudly to make sure Jimin was able to hear it.

"Got it!" He answered while plopping back onto the seat, a seemingly what crazy yet satisfied smile plastered on his face. "That was fun!"

"You lunatic." Nari scoffed before glancing at the rearview mirror. "There are a few left. Are you planning to settle them all or...?"

Jimin's expression turned serious suddenly. "Of course. You continue to drive okay? Keep up with the good job."

"Alright." Nari watched the general pop his upper torso back out through the other window before firing his machine gun professionally again.