16. Nightmare

[ 16 ]

[ 16 ]

-

To their luck, the group had stumbled upon an abandoned warehouse at the countryside which they had nearly passed by. Since it was already half past midnight, after conducting a thorough inspection and scouting around the area, they decided to rest inside the warehouse while taking turns to guard the door until it was daytime.

Not wanting to feel useless, Nari had offered herself to be the first volunteer for the night. The guys protested immediately, but they gave up ultimately and let her do what she wanted to when Jimin offered to stay with her as an exchange.

It didn't take the guys, especially the drivers to let out exhausted snores from the empty rooms after plopping themselves down on the makeshift beds with their jackets as pillows and blankets on the floor. Nari smiled fondly at them sleeping soundly before leaving the doorway after checking up on them, and made her way back to Jimin who was reloading his guns with bullets near the front door.

The general lifted his head to glance at her when she neared him, and he patted on the empty space he had reserved for her to sit next to him on the ground. He grinned to himself when he felt her resting her head on his shoulder while watching him work.

"You can take a nap if you want." Nari spoke when Jimin was done reloading his handguns and the machine gun which never seemed to leave his side.

"I'm not tired, don't worry." Jimin tucked his guns back into the holsters, and placed the machine gun on the ground next to him.

"Stop lying. I saw you yawning several times just now." Nari teased, and stretched out her legs before patting her lap. "Lie down and sleep."

The general blushed. "You sure?"

"Yep. Stop being stubborn and sleep, General Park." Nari guided him to let him rest his head on her lap and caressed his short hair lovingly. "See? That wasn't so hard."

"You're making me hard to breathe, Doctor Oh." Jimin grinned, enjoying the gentleness of her hand as she continued to caress his head. "This feels really nice."

"Sleep now." Nari leaned down to peck his forehead, and she froze when Jimin tilted his chin upwards slightly so he would be able to catch her lips with his.

A smug grin formed on his face when he pulled away to see her reddened cheeks. "I'll sleep now, goodnight."

Soon enough, Jimin was lulled to sleep with her entrancing scent calming the anxiety in his mind. For the first time in so many nights, he actually found himself drifting off to sleep willingly without any bad memories haunting his mind to make him stay awake.