15. The Policeman

[ 15 ]

[ 15 ]

-

"Nari!"

Jimin's instinct had led him to dash towards Nari the second the zombie had made its appearance. Enveloping her in his arms, he spun around and let his back face the creature while bracing himself for the attack.

A gunshot rang through the quiet night, and Jimin fell forward with the girl still wrapped protectively around him when the zombie hit his back after getting shot dead. Footsteps instantly shuffled towards the two, causing Jimin to lift his head up only to see white smoke escaping from Yoongi's gun aimed at his direction.

"Are you alright?" Nari cried out softly as she detached herself from the man, and began to inspect his back for any wounds.

"I'm fine." Jimin grunted, pulling Nari into another hug before glancing at Yoongi with a sheepish face. "Thank you."

The man simply nodded, and tucked his gun safely back into the pocket of his leather jacket.

"I think there are more zombies lying around. We need to leave." Hoseok who had rejoined the group spoke hastily, his sharp eyes constantly scanning for any suspicious movements.

"He's right. I'm only stranded here because my car's engine went into overheat, but I have no intentions in wanting to harm any of you." Yoongi explained himself. "You guys should leave before more zombies attack again."

"Do you want to come with us?" Jimin offered, startling all of them.

"Me? Why would you want me in your... team?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes doubtfully.

"You have good shooting skills and we can really use your skills to protect ourselves." Jimin pointed out honestly before stretching out his hand. "I apologize for my rudeness earlier. Please allow myself to reintroduce myself. I'm General Park Jimin."

Yoongi's eyes widened. "You're a general? So that explains why you have those killer machines with you."

"Yeah. What about you? I'm sure you're definitely not a normal person to have those precise shooting skills." Jimin queried, and he looked down at Nari who was giving him a proud smile, making his heart flutter.

"I'm a policeman." Yoongi fished out his badge as a proof. "Since I'm alone and you're technically a superior in our field, I guess I'll tag along. I assume that you guys already have a plan?"

"We do." Nari spoke up. "I'm a scientist, and my friend whom you've aimed your gun at earlier is a scientist as well. We're currently heading down south to Jimin's friend's to create a vaccine to stop this madness."

"No offense, but, even though you're a scientist, what makes you think that you'll know what's the causal agent behind the infection?" Yoongi asked skeptically.