18. The Kim Manor

[ 18 ]

[ 18 ]

-

"Remember. Be quick and stay silent at all times." Jimin's voice spoke through the walkie-talkie.

Gulping his saliva, Hoseok's hand instinctively went to touch the gun tucked in his pocket before opening the door. Yoongi did the same on the other side, his own gun clenched tightly and in position to blast heads off if they were to be ambushed suddenly.

The group had no choice but to stop by at an eerily quiet petrol station to refill Hoseok's car tank. After driving for another three hours, they were almost at their destination but for now, they had to make a brief stop in order to travel further.

Jimin's car was parked somewhere far but not too far away so they would be able to offer help if the brain-eating zombies decided to make their grand appearance. With Yoongi guarding, Hoseok wasted not another second to refill his car petrol tank; not a single one of them releasing their hitched breaths at how intense the situation was.

"I'm going to pass out." Jaemin whispered as he looked out from the car.

"Same here." Nari bit her lips, and she gesticulated for the two outside to hurry back inside when the beeping sound signalling that the tank was finally full echoed in the empty petrol station.

It was only when the both of them were back inside, with the car doors locked, that they dared to breathe again. Yoongi let out a scoff, shaking his head as he fistbumped Hoseok before igniting the car again to drive away.

"Good job guys. Let's go now." Jimin complimented as the cars were on the move again.

However, little did they know that – it was actually just the calm before the storm.

Their vehicles skidded to a stop next to each other as profanities left their mouths, eyes all trained on the large hoard of zombies blocking their one and only route towards their destination. The walking deads had unfortunately noticed them, and they were charging towards the cars with cries tearing out of their throats.

"Shit. Jae, you take over the driver seat." Yoongi ordered while hopping out of the car to jump into the backseat.

"W-what—"

"We have to shoot as many as possible to go through them." Jimin spoke through the walkie-talkie, his upper torso already leaning out of the window to prop his elbow on the car roof while loading his deadly machine gun.

"Noted, General." Hoseok clocked his gun before leaning out of the window, with Yoongi doing the same from the backseat.

"N-noona, I don't think I can drive." Poor Jaemin was terrified, so Nari immediately switched places with him to be the designated driver for the time being.