FOURTEEN - 십사

I sigh, falling onto Jeongguk's bed

I sigh, falling onto Jeongguk's bed. Work was hectic. Mother didn't exactly leave after ambushing me in my office. Instead she stayed till after the meeting with GreenCo, only to give me another piece of her mind. Apparently I was too closed-minded in rejecting GreenCo's offer.

The rest of the meetings that followed, I didn't do much talking. Allowing Taehyung to take leadership. He seemed much more relaxed and I could see that he really had been prepared for his role. He seemed comfortable and I was proud of him.

Yejin and Namjoon popped in around lunch time to take me for a quick dress fitting. With the wedding only a week away, the two have been very busy planning. Mother tagged along, her presence causing me to sigh because it seemed as if I could never escape her negative energy. The trip to the boutique was the worst. Even Namjoon pulled me aside to ask why there was tension.

"That dress suits you. I think we can just make the wais-" The assistant starts, pulling at the waistline.

"You don't have the breasts for such a dress, Soa. Maybe we should add straps?" Mother voices, standing as if she's thinking.

Yejin is quick to reject the offer. Passing Mother a polite smile as she passes me compliments. "I think you look great. Your boobs are looking pretty cute too."

We left the boutique right after that. Mother didn't bother riding with us, phoning her driver to pick her up at wedding boutique. I gave her a hug goodbye, aware that cameras could be watching us from anywhere. The last thing we need is everyone to find out that there's tension in our family.

That's the part I hate about growing up in our world. We never lacked anything. Not toys, money, food. If anything, all of us, including our parents have been spoilt, but to be under the constant spotlight and having to act as if nothing bothers me is hard. That's why they go around saying I'm stone cold. It's because whenever I'm unhappy I just put on a blank expression. I'd rather be neutral than fake a smile.

"Knock knock." Mrs Jeon says, entering the room. She's dressed in comfortable clothes, but still fashionable enough to get her shot taken by the paparazzi. "Jeongguk won't be home for another two hours and you look really bored. If you want, I can ask Martha to accompany you to the mall or would you like to watch a movie?"

I smile at her. "No thank you, Mrs Jeon. Jimin is coming to keep me company."

She makes a face of surprise at the mention of Jimin, but doesn't ask any follow up questions. Only mentioning that her and Mr Jeon will he stepping out for the evening, so I should let Martha know if I'll be having supper here or not. I thank her politely.

Jimin comes a half and hour later, blowing my phone up with messages as if the sound of his car wasn't enough of an alert. I meet him at the door, eyes taking in the very low buttoned shirt he has on. My eyebrows shoot up in question. "What the hell are you wearing?"