TWENTYEIGHT - 이십 팔

I sigh as I watch Jeongguk throw angry punches

I sigh as I watch Jeongguk throw angry punches. The punching bag being a replacement for what he wishes would be his grandfather. Maybe in another life I would've been watching the snake of a man get his face beat in. Unfortunately, this life is not the one.

His anger is an effect of the old man pulling out all investment and shares from Kim Group as a way to show his power. Maybe it's a threat or maybe he's just really trying to run Jeon Corp down. I wouldn't be surprised if his reasoning was the latter.

Of course the first person to take the fall was Jeongguk. Being the CEO and main decision maker in the company, the media had it coming for him and not in a good way.

"I think you've had enough now, Jeon." I speak over the intercom, watching as he stops hitting. Face pulled into a look of frustration, sadness and exhaustion as he crouches. Mouth agape as he heaves for air. His long hair is pulled into a little sprout, but his expression takes away from all the cuteness.

Ambling past his instructor, I make my way toward Jeongguk who stares at me with a blank face. One that means whatever I say is going to hit a brick wall. He's more than angry.

"I'm not in the mood right now, Soa." He grunts, taking a sip from his water bottle while his eyes stay trained on my own.

"We don't have to talk about it. I'm just coming to get you." I shrug.

"I'm not done yet." He retorts, making his way back to the punching bag. A determined expression on his face.

"You've been going at it for four hours now. I'm bored, hungry and tired. Let's go eat something and go home-"

"Leave without me." He interrupts, causing me to roll my eyes at his behaviour. As expected, he's more stubborn.

"I'm not leaving without you, Jeongguk." I sigh, "You're doing to much now and it's worrisome."

He ignores me and starts punching furiously again. This time his moves are slower, but the anger and adrenaline makes them seem as though they're fast. His ignorance causes me to sigh as I move toward his instructor.

The man bows toward me, a questioning look on his face. I nod toward Jeongguk, motioning for him to go and throw a few punches of his own. Mike shakes his head, eyes wide with fear. The fear of being fired.

"All you need to do is give give him one good punch." I state, patting his arm.

The scene kicks in quite terribly. Said instructor is a bundle of nerves as he edges toward Jeongguk. I can see the sweat forming on his forehead and it causes me to roll my eyes. With shaky arm, legs and hands he manages to land a punch. Only, it has no force and zero effect on Jeongguk who stops and turns toward Mike. Eyes swimming with anger.

Of course, Jeongguk casually shrugs him off, turning back to his business. For a moment, I feel bad that the man can't even find it within himself to hit Jeongguk. Money really does talk. Not to me though.