EIGHTEEN - 십팔

"Ow, ow, ow-Guk!"

"Ow, ow, ow-Guk!"

"Shh, you're making it bleed even more." Jeongguk grimaces, taking the cloth he has clutched in his hand and pressing at the bleeding area. My hand keeps the ice pack firm against my cheek, hoping and praying that no swelling will take place.

Everything was great. After breakfast prepared by Fei, all of us had gone on a hike on the surrounding mountain range. A beautiful view overlooking the campsite that would paint our minds in the fading greens, vibrant yellows and fiery reds of Autumn that were slowly settling into nature. With it being everyone's first time here, today was the day to try and complete most of the activities. We went canoeing and somehow ended up playing a round of volleyball.

With a bunch of competitive males, maybe excluding Taehyung and Yoongi, the game quickly turned serious. With Jeongguk and Jimin roughly allowing the ball to fly at all angles, zooming past as if it were a bird. Yoongi, Taehyung and I watched safely from the side retrieving the ball everytime it would land somewhere out of reach.

This continued for a few more rounds until Jimin decided that everyone had to join. With Taehyung and Yoongi in tow, all three of us joined the winning team, hoping not to do much.

Though I was annoyed with him, I could admit that besides looking deadly attractive in a suit, Jeongguk looked hot with the look of competition shining in his eyes. A competitive gaze being sent at Jimin everytime he had the ball.

The admiration is knocked right out of my gut when my attention is not focused on the flying ball that comes directly for my face. The ball had long ago left Jimin who started yelling to move.

It's too late and while I appreciate him catching me just before I wipe out, I can't ignore the blood that immediately starts streaming out of my nose. Flowing like a never ending stream. The feeling of heat pools at my cheek like the bubbles in a jacuzzi. I know I'm coming out of this looking a mess.

Mildy still lost in a daze, it's Jeongguk's frantic voice that pulls me back to reality. My eyes taking in the wideness of his. Pulled into big balls of worry as he scoops me up into a bundle and starts running for the main house. Jimin following close behind.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" Irena asks a surprised looking Stephanie. Her hands prodding at the girl is the last thing I see before everything else becomes a mixture of trees and sky. The white ceiling quickly replacing the nature as Jeongguk steps into the house, not even stopping to remove his shoes.

"Ice!" He yells, removing his shirt as he starts prodding at the still flowing blood. With red blood splotches all over it, the kitchen floor looks like a murder scene already.

Jimin is quick to react, his small hand holding a bag of ice to my cheek. The heat cooling down, but still paining as I gather my bearings. My eyes going in and out of focus as I try to focus on Jeongguk's moving lips.