SEVEN - 칠

"You're so beautiful, but not when you open that mouth of yours!" Mother yells, not even a second after Mrs Lee had served dinner

"And I blame your father for it. He's always enabled you to do just as you please." Her dark eyes pierce into the side of my face.

My mother had always told my father to be careful. She'd always warned him about raising me differently from all the girls my age. As a kid, I followed Taehyung around most of the time. Messing in mud, building lego houses. Doing things that weren't "normal" for a girl child. Father had often ignored it using the excuse of me having no friends outside of my brothers.

As a teenager I'd spent my high school days in the library, on the soccer field or in the music department. Mom wasn't happy when she found out from her friends. Everyone described me as anti-social. In reality I didn't care for the picnics, nail salons and dates all the girls attended together. They only ever tried to talk to me in hopes of getting closer to Taehyung anyways.

College hadn't been much different. I'd made 2 friends, but only hung out with them when necessary. Most of the time I'd hang out with the guys. Taehyung, Jimin and Jeongguk didn't mind. Our father didn't either. He was fully aware of the ways the girls would use me to get to my brother.

The final straw for mother was when I requested to work at the company. It was unheard of for any female heir to get a job. It would mean your parents couldn't provide. Mom worried about the rumours, but as always father ignored her and granted my request.

My mom had always told my dad that he was letting me grow into a stubborn, opinionated woman. It was a title I didn't mind. It was true. Whenever she tried to show partiality between me and my brothers, I'd set her straight. Not in an impolite manner, but enough to make her rethink her choice. It started off with receiving as many toys as Taehyung. Obtaining freedom to go out. Getting a reasonable amount of allowance. Being paid for my work. Requesting a car to transport myself.

These were all uncommon things in our world. Independence, having an opinion, arguing against inequality were all uncommon for a female heir like myself.

"Mother and Father, I'm sorry for embarrassing you. I reacted in a way that not only shamed you, but also my brothers and Kim Group." I start, my eyes looking at my plate of food.

"Namjoon, I'm sorry for defending you when you didn't need it. It made you look weak."

My older brother gives me a look of boredom. One that tells me he feels nothing from my apology, but I ignore him and move on to Taehyung.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry that you have to sit through this unpleasant dinner all because I can't sit still and look pretty, but thank you for sticking with me through everything. I appreciate your patience and understanding-"

"Kim Soa you know as well as me that these apologies are not sincere." Father interrupts me.

I sigh, turning to face him.