TWENTY - 이십

AN: Why are you all so quiet? Please spam the comments and vote. Okay bye.

FORGET NAMJOON AND HIS NEW WIFE, DID JEONGGUK FINALLY POP THE QUESTION?

Wedding bells were ringing at Bukkhan river this weekend. Namjoon married Yejin from Nam Group and unfortunately the event was a private affair as requested by Kim himself. So, we don't have any news regarding that. Only that Kim is no longer in Seoul and has relocated to Busan to live with his wife and her family. We can assure you that we'll miss those dimples, but life goes on!

Jeongguk surely showed us just how fast life goes on. It hasn't even been a full week of Kim being married, but Jeon decided now is his time to shine. Yesterday many spotted Kim Soa shopping with her cousin Kim Irena. What caught everyone's attention was not the fashion both were wearing, but instead the beautiful diamond ring on Soa's ring finger.

Judging from the pictures posted by both Jeongguk and Soa yesterday, we can confirm that the two are engaged to be married and honestly we're jealous. Out of everyone Jeon had to choose the most beautiful, but also smartest female heir in South Korea? 

Not only does she run Kim Group as a CEO, but will now also be a beneficiary of Jeon Corp. finances. That's a girl who knows what she wants. Stay tuned for more tea on the couple as we wait for more big reveals.

"Well atleast you know everyone's in support of your engagement." Irena smiles, scrolling through the comment section and pointing out the good ones.

-jklover
Jeongguk and Soa have been dating for almost a decade now. It's time!

-ilovegimbap
Well if she didn't secure him, I just might have snatched him away. All the best to the two of you.

-sadme
Can I admit that I'm jealous of both?

-parkjiminismine
Atleast we still have Jimin and Taehyung.

-taetaelover4567z
The best part about this is that Taehyung and Jeongguk are going to be even closer.

-jiminiepabo
Wait, didn't Jimin like her years ago? Wonder how he feels right now.

"Okay, except the last one." She winces, knowing the topic is sensitive. Having been around when Jimin confessed his feelings. She has first hand experience on how awkward everything was after that confession.

It happened at the end of high school for the guys. While Irena and I had two more years to go, Jimin decided then was the best time to make his move. I didn't care then, quickly brushing it off for a joke. Up until that point I'd never seen myself and Jimin as more than friends.

At the time Jeongguk and I were experimenting. A piece of information only Irena was aware of. I couldn't trust Taehyung not to tell my older brothers. I for sure know, Namjoon would've been against it. To him, studying was the only thing I should've been doing. Besides not having any feelings for Park Jimin, I also had no reason to accept his confession.

Jimin found out and basically called it quits with the whole group, claiming we were all a bunch of betrayers. At the time he assumed Taehyung had known and said nothing all along. We spent the whole Winter break trying to win him back. Luckily Park Jimin is easily influenced. One sincere apology from myself and Jeongguk seemed to do the trick. They went to university as best friends, peas in a pod.

It was an awkward time and I couldn't be happier that we're all over it.

"Well, luckily that's all behind us." I smile, not wanting to open up that chapter again. We move on from hurt and pain. Especially hurt that costs us friendships and relationships. "Text Hosoek and tell him to meet us at Serendipity."

While she texts him,I make my way out of my office. Eyes meeting every single member of staff that looks at me with ecstatic features. Bright smiles following me all the way to my brothers office. Through the glass, I note that he's on a phone call. One that looks very relaxed if his smile is anything to judge by.

Not caring to knock, I enter the space, taking a seat on the black leather sofa lining the wall. From my seat, I notice the new photographs Taehyung added to his ever growing collection. A series of him in a pink suit with an alluring gaze. Hair styled slightly out of his face emphasising his dark eyebrows. I wonder when he had the time to take those.

"Bye, I'll call you later." He smiles into the phone. Giggles following after like a schoolgirl. I watch in amusement as Taehyung ends the call with a bright smile.

"Who was that?" I inquire, knowing he possibly won't tell me the truth.

"You'll meet her at your wedding." I huff causing Taehyung to laugh while he pulls me out of his office.

-

"So the articles were true?" Hosoek draws attention from almost every other customer in the restaurant. His high pitched voice causing me to duck my head behind Taehyung. A deep chuckle exits my brother, his hand pulling at mine to present Jung Hosoek with my ring. Diamond clad finger being put on show as both him and Hosoek gawk at the glistening ring.

"What the freaking hell, Soa? This thing must have cost a damn fortune. How rich is Jeongguk exactly?" He inspects the ring, pulling it off of my hand to get an even better look at it.

I laugh at his exaggeration. "He's the only heir of a multi-billionaire company. How rich do you think he is?"

Taehyung takes the ring inspecting it like it's some kind of vintage piece from Gucci.

"Okay, give it back."I say, already missing the feeling of the cool metal against my skin. Wearing that ring on my finger lets me know that we're slowly moving toward our end goal. Not that wanting to be married is considered a goal, but for us who have been speaking about it since university, we've finally reached the final lap.

Taehyung obliges, placing the ring back on my empty finger. The smirk on his face pulls frown out of me. "What?"

"Do Mom and Dad know that you're engaged now?"

"Yeah, wasn't it supposed to be like this big business event?" Irena pipes in, lifting her attention off of her phone. Like Taehyung she's been smiling at the screen like a teenager. Curiosity is killing me to know what exactly happened at that camping trip and with who exactly.

They're both right. Getting engaged would certainly not be happy news for Mother and Father. Just the idea of Jeongguk proposing privately is frowned upon in the business world. Everything needs to be public and put on a show as a sign of Jeon Corp and Kim Group merging. In reality, or atleast for both him and I, this marriage is purely based on love. Not some deal to obtain more shares from each other. I don't care for merging the companies.

"We're having a meeting tomorrow."

Conversation easily moves onto another topic. With Irena smiling at Taehyung like she knows all his secrets. Hoseok and I sit intrigued watching our siblings interact like two high schoolers, teasing each other endlessly.

"You know, I caught Irene locking lips with one of our friends." Irena scrunches her face, Taehyung chuckles in return, knowing he's just admitted something not meant for everyone to know.

"Who?" I ask, watching as she sends him a hard stare to not speak. My brother twirls his straw, a teasing smile on his face. Looking like that I now know why some people say he looks like a feline.

"Somebody you'll meet at your wedding, if he's still around." I roll my eyes at his response, knowing he's in one of those moods.

"Oh, shut up, Taehyung." Irena groans.

-

AN:

SO now you all know why Jeongguk and Jimin had that weird moment at the beginning... Hope it makes sense now.

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter.