TWENTYONE - 이십 일

"You didn't tell me your father was here

"You didn't tell me your father was here." I whisper-yell, stomach starting to bundle up with waves of nerves at the sight of Mr Jeon.
Accompanied by my father, he walks into the
room demanding all eyes to focus on his tailored suit. A man of taste is what Taehyung always calls him because of his grandiose style. All I see is a father in law that doesn't like me at all.

Jeongguk places a warm hand on my thigh as a form of comfort and support. If there's anyone who knows about the one sided hostility between his father and I, it's him. The man's very vocal about his disdain towards me. Knowing he's here makes me more anxious about this evening.

From Taehyung
Don't pee your pants.

I scoff at the message because I might aswell. Not only does he demand respect, he scares the life out of me. One look from the man and I'm a meek and quiet lady.

From Taehyung
Wasn't he in Europe?

To Taehyung
Yes! Idk why he's here.

"Hey, relax." Jeongguk calls, pulling me out of my head with a finger under my chin. "I spoke to Dad and he said he'd be nice." I should feel better by his words and smile, but I don't. If Mr Jeon could immediately leave Europe to come to Seoul for a day, it means he must have something to say.

"I love you." Jeongguk says, placing a peck on my lips. The words being a reminder that no matter what goes down here, he's got me.

"I love you too."

Our moment is interrupted by Mother clearing her voice as she stands at the opposite end of the table. Her eyes, similar to Taehyung's, rake over all of us with a seriousness that internally makes me groan.

"Thank you all for being here this evening." She smiles, "Mr Jeon, thank you for coming all the way from Europe to attend this important occasion." He gives her a nod of his head as acknowledgment.

"As you are all aware, Jeongguk and Soa are engaged and as the Kim family, we are very happy to accept CEO Jeon into our household and family, but before we can do so, there are procedures we have to follow." She smiles at the two of us. "So, I'll hand over to Kim Seokjin, my eldest son, to explain. Thank you."

-

"Can you warn me the next time you decide to go against our parents like that? Why would you even whip out that thing?" Jeongguk asks following me out of the dining room and into the study. Fast paced footsteps the only sound filling the empty hallway.

"I'm not going against them," I say, twirling around to face him. Judging from his deep frown, I know he has just as much to say as I do, but I take a deep breath and force myself to stay composed. I've been told all evening how unsightly it is for me as the future Mrs Jeon to lose control over my emotions, even though the situation calls for just that. "I've made it very clear that we're not getting married to merge our companies, but it seems like no one wants to understand."