TWELVE - 십이

"Please say something

"Please say something." Taehyung whispers, almost as if he's afraid. The dejected look on his face does nothing to comfort me or make me feel anything but anger toward him.

Looking at him all the warmth I used to feel when looking at my brother is replaced by coldness. It's something I've never experienced before. I've always looked at Taehyung with admiration and respect, but right now there's none of that. All I can think of is how selfish he has become in the span of a few weeks. All because of a stupid title.

"Soa, we know you're angry." Father says, breaking my stare. He's trying to soften the blow, but knowing he'd been the driving force leaves me with no respect for him either. How do I respect my father if he encouraged Taehyung to sign my life away?

Angry is an understatement for what I feel. Hearing that the men I love had so easily signed away my life is the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life. Yes, hearing Jeongguk had lost his virginity to Stephanie, his first girlfriend, was sad. Knowing Seokjin would move to China was sad. Hearing Grandpa had been diagnosed with cancer was sad, but this tops everything. It's heartbreaking.

"You forged my signature and gave my consent to being a Co-CEO, knowing I want nothing to do with that title. I think I have the right to be angry, Father." I answer, not allowing my voice to give away the tears that are building up in my eyes.

Imagine my surprise when I entered the company this morning. Receiving congratulations from almost every employee at Kim Group. Nayeon waiting with a list of meetings that had to be attended. Not knowing what was going on. The confusion had only been addressed at home over the dinner table. By then the media was raging with articles both supporting and against the idea. Even Seokjin called to wish me the best, not knowing anything.

Namjoon and Mother sported the same surprised look that I did upon Taehyung's confession. Both not believing Father or Taehyung would stoop that low. Losing the company to Uncle Seungmin shouldn't be such a big deal. It shouldn't be the cause of corruption.

"Sis, I'm so-"

"Don't say what you don't mean, Kim Taehyung." I send him a glare. One that immediately results in him looking at me like a puppy that had been kicked to the curb.

Neither of them try to speak any further. The whole dining room sits in dead silence. Mother shares concerned looks with Father. Namjoon offers to cut my steak into smaller pieces. I know he means well, but I stop him. There's no way I can eat dinner without the disgust inside me upsetting my stomach. Taehyung tries to reach for my hand across the table. His long fingers only reach the steak knife I hold out toward him. Whether it cut him or not, I don't care. Mother lets out a few words stating her disapproval of my actions.

I always knew businessmen were selfish. I always knew businesses did illegal things to reach success, but I never thought we'd form part of that group. I never thought Father, whom I admired so much, would settle for the unethical way. I never thought Taehyung would be so hot in his pursuit that he'd forget my freedom to choose what I want.

Growing up he'd always been the one to remind me that I always had a choice. Even if it displeased my parents. That's why he didn't even try to meddle into my business with Jeongguk. The fact that he so easily decided I didn't now disappoints me.

"I'll be sleeping at the Jeon Mansion for the rest of the week. Don't visit me or contact me outside of the business."

-

As expected Jeongguk doesn't turn me away when I show up at his bedroom door with a bag. His confusion turns into worry with one look at my eyes. The waterproof mascara doing a bad job at not exposing the fact that I had been crying. Normally he'd scold me for not caring about my safety, but today he doesn't do that.

Judging by the way he pulls me into his arms informs me that he knows why I'm here. Even his mother didn't ask me any questions when she saw me pass her in the foyer. All the house staff were quick in moving out of my way. On a normal day they'd try to remind that Jeongguk might be busy, today there's none of that. It probably has to do with the false waterproof mascara.

If he feels annoyed that I'm staining his crisp white shirt, Jeongguk says nothing about it. He'll probably nag about that later when I'm less sad. Right now, he just stands and whispers reassuring words and random "I love you's" that have literally nothing to do with the situation,but he's always been cute like that. His hands caress my hair in a way that makes me feel small and I don't mind it. Not when it's him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, pulling away to stare at my face. I'm sure it's not a pretty sight, but the look of love in his eyes tears me up again.

Jeongguk goes into a look of confusion again. His hands still holding my face a distance away, while I cry like a baby. A very not cute baby. My hands work at wiping the tears while he just stares at me. If Jimin were here he'd probably make a sound of throwing up along with a few words of how whipped we both are.

"I'm sorry," I choke, "I just really need to cry. I feel so confused, betrayed, disappointed and then I look at you and all I feel is love." I look away, wiping at a few stray tears. "I probably look horrible, but yet you're still staring at me like I'm the most beautiful girl-"

"You are the most beautiful girl and I'm always going to look at you like that because I love you." He smiles, "And if you need to talk about why you've been trending all day for a role I know you were against then I'm all ears." Jeongguk smiles, receiving a sniffle from me. "Namjoon gave me a heads up, so I know what's going on." When he says that everything makes sense. In that moment I'm thankful for Namjoon. Any other day he'd be against me staying over at Jeongguk's, but today he understands why I can't be in that house.

"Can we talk tomorrow? I'd really like to sleep right now. My eyes feel heavy."

-

What do you guys think? Team Taehyung or team Soa?