24 | sweet cookies

↪ 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺
𝘈 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 ↩

↪ 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺𝘈 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 ↩

The introductions were finally over and Sakura continued to portray the simple naive girl she pretended to be. 

'He will probably tell us about a genin test now that the introductions are over,' Sakura's thoughts were cut off when Kakashi leaned down.

"Well, you three are all unique in your own way," He rested his chin on his palm. "We'll have our first mission tomorrow,"

'Just as I thought!' The pinkette internally smirked.

"What kind of mission are we going to have?!" Naruto asked grinning while the other two members of Squad 7 kept quite. 

"It's a task the four of us will do together," Kakashi answered as he folded his arms leaning his back on the railings of the rooftop. 

"What?!?" Naruto fidgeted in his spot, excitement running through his veins.

"A survival exercise." The only adult responded.

"A survival exercise?" Naruto looked confused as to why they had to do a survival exercise while Sasuke was confused as well he kept his cool, but Sakura knew better than why he narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I thought we were supposed to have a real mission, not a stupid exercise," The raven-haired male grunted.

'Stupid exercise? Hmm...' The green-eyed pinkette was astonished as to why they would think it was stupid, 'Looks like the Uchiha clan is not so great after all,'

At that time, Sakura thought that she should also get some limelight and not let her teammates steal all the attention.

"Another exercise? But I thought we already did all of this in the academy?" Sakura raised her hand slightly as she asked.

"It's not like your previous training," the silver-haired jounin finally answered which caused Naruto to ask; "So what kind of training is it then?"

At his question, kakashi released a series of chuckles as he looked amused causing Naruto to hold a bewildered face and Sasuke to glare at him.

Sakura snapped out of her thoughts when she released something.

'Oh yeah, I need to stoop down to their level and act idiotic like them,' She mused to herself as she widened her eyes slightly and her mouth opened.

"Umm," Sakura shyly looked down, "That's a normal question soo why are you laughing?"

"Well if I tell you the answer you're not going to like it." Kakashi casually waved his right hand as he gave them a close-eyed smile.

'A fake smile or else why would he close his eyes to hide his emotions?'

Sakura continued to keep on an interested but slightly immature facade as Kakashi continued to explain how only nine of the twenty-seven graduates would be considered genins while the rest of them would be sent back to the academy.

"Be at the designated training ground at five am and bring your ninja gear," He ordered them.

The pinkette watched as her onyx-eyed teammate clenched his hands together and how the blonde looked down in concentration, sweat forming on his forehead. To keep on the act, Sakura slowly nodded her head.

"That's it," Kakashi said after he dropped a bomb on them, "You're dismissed."

"Oh yes," The masked jounin whose back was turned towards them looked back, "Tomorrow you better skip breakfast or else you'll puke," He suggested as he left.

All of them looked at him with wide eyes as he left them.

"Well then," Sakura said as she stood up, "I'll be going now, see you tomorrow!"

She gave them a smile as she waved and walked away.

"Hello Oba-san," Sakura greeted her neighbour with grey hair

"Ah, Sakura-chan," The grey-haired older woman's eyes lightened up, "Today was your first day as genin right?" She asked.

"Yes, we were grouped into three members and then we met our sensei," The pinkette answered.

"Is that so?" The older woman frowned when she saw her grandson walk out empty-handed without greeting her.

"Wait here yeah?" She said as she went inside and quickly came out while holding something in her hands. She walked towards Sakura and the twelve-year-old simply looked at her.

"Hmm," She nodded in reply and watched as the older woman gave her a box of cookies.

"I made this for my grandson, but he didn't want it, so here take it," The older woman said, "You like them, right?"

Sakura's eyebrows twitched slightly in annoyance as she accepted the box of cookies given to her with a smile.

"Thank you so much," She smiled and walked inside her house. Slowly she opened the door and closed it behind her back.

She then looked at the box in her hands and slightly clenched it before she sighed. 

Moving to the kitchen she looked at the dustbin and opened it.

"To gave it to me as if it was a charity," Sakura looked down, "If your grandson liked it, you would've never given me the cookies, right Oba-san? "

The box of cookies dropped inside. 

― If anyone's confused about why Sakura disdained the cookies is because she hates being pitied, it makes her feel weak

― Sakura is indeed quite petty, that's something that won't change.

― This could be one of her flaws and I have no intention of 'fixing' this flaw of hers.