38 | love-less child

❛❛ 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. ❜❜

Sakura was happy, at least that's what she thought

She was going to have a great life, at least that's what she thought.

She was loved, at least that's what she thought.

Her mother's words before she died still rang in her mind.

"Why? Why couldn't you be more like your father? Why do you not look like him? Why couldn't you get your father's love?"

Why couldn't she get her father's love? 

The little child already thought that she was loved by both of her parents.

"It's all your fault, if I weren't pregnant with you then that woman would have never seduced my husband, it's all your fault, you shouldn't have been born, you were a huge mistake!"

But her mother's statement made her realise that she was never loved. Not even by her parents.

Her mother idealised her as the proof of her marriage while her father just didn't give a fuck.

A few months after her mother's death, her father brought the other women in. Along with her daughter.

Her father who was now a jounin hid the fact that his wife committed suicide and instead made them believe that she died due to accidentally slipping and hitting her head hard.

He neither wept nor cared about the situation but in the general public, he made it seem that he was depressed with the death of his wife who he loved dearly.

During her funeral, Sakura didn't shed a single tear, others thought that it was too shocking for a five-year-old to lose her mother so they only gave her pitiful glances and fake concern.

When Akumu - Kizashi's new wife and Ami - her sister, came to live with them she thought that she wouldn't feel lonely.

Oh, how wrong she was.

The very first day she realised that monsters don't live under her bed but beside her wearing human faces.

Why couldn't you get your father's love?

So she decided to do that.

In one of the books she read, the main character fell down the stairs because she was pushed down by someone and her father was so enraged that he made that person's life a living hell. He helped his daughter. 

So when her father was home, she pushed herself down the stairs.

The sound of her tumbling down the stairs was enough to grab his attention but his attention was on his new wife and his daughter.