64 | brittle yet brutal

❛❛ 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴. ❜❜

Whispers rang across the entire stadium as people wondered about the outcome of the upcoming matches

The red-head jinchuriki had been 'eliminated' from going further in the one-on-one matches as he lost against Ren.

Many outsiders had thought the tales of team talia were exaggerated by the people so they were indeed a bit surprised to see that nothing was exaggerated.

They were exactly like how they were portrayed - strong, smart and cunning.

Team talia was going to be the biggest obstacle for the other participants of the chunin exams.

Gaara of the sand seemed to have personally experienced this and had come back for his sister's match to see after getting healed by an expert medic.

"Next up, we have Temari, the only daughter of the Kazekage and Yamanaka Ino from Konoha!"

Aomine announced after a break of ten minutes.

Each match had a time interval of ten minutes between them so that the higher up of the ninja ranks would be the special jounins and the Kages they were accompanying.

The reason?

To see who would be worthy enough to be given the rank of chunin.

Both the blonde headed to the arena, head up in pride and body oozing with confidence.

Confidence that the other would lose and they themselves would win.

'Blondes, the bane of my existence.' Sakura thought with a blank look in her eyes.

#someonesavesakurafromblondes

'My dear father - Kizashi, my dear best friend - Ino, my dear teammate - Naruto.' She gulped down, 'I should stay away from blondes.'

Kai felt a shiver up his spine and rubbed his arms. 

'Why did it get so chilly all of a sudden?' He wondered.

#someonesavekai'slovelifefromcrumbling

And all of a sudden they heard a loud noise before Daiki could announce the start of the match.

Among the lounge where the participants sat, a redhead cupped his hands over his mouth making everyone look his way.

"SLayyyy!" Gaara cheered for his sister loudly just as his brother had instructed him.

Kankuro, on the other hand, clutched his stomach as he let out a roar of laughter, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes with how hard he was laughing.